Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 04:56 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

ProForm 10.0 ZE

proform-100-ze photo
Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

The ProForm 10.0 ZE is a mid-priced and, unfortunately, low-quality elliptical machine. The biggest problem with the ProForm 10.0 ZE is that it doesn't feel quite stable when you're using it. It wobbles from side to side when in use, and there is just a general feeling of unsteadiness and cheapness. I use my elliptical machine four to five times a week, but that is because I am athletic and in my early twenties. I would definitely not trust this elliptical machine for use by someone who is older, overweight, or not used to exercising because you have to work too hard to balance yourself on this machine. Also, it says that this elliptical machine can safely hold a person up to 275 pounds, but I don't think that anyone over 200 pounds should step on the ProForm.

I am confident that the instability of the ProForm 10.0 ZE is not due to construction error on my part because I had two other people helping me put it together who have aptly constructed other at-home fitness machines. The time it took to put the ProForm together is another negative; it took over 2 hours to get everything together even though the machine is marketed as an easily assembled product.

While there are serious drawbacks to the ProForm elliptical machine, there are also a few positives. Its most enduring quality is that it is a space saver model, meaning that you can fold it up and roll it elsewhere. It is heavy and rather difficult to maneuver so I don't suggest trying to move it across your house, but moving it a few feet every once in a while is doable. It also has a fan that is a welcome feature after about 15 minutes into my workout. I personally am a little too short to get the full effects of the fan because it is at the top of the elliptical machine and it points upwards, but this shouldn't be a problem for anyone over 5'2''. The water bottle holder is also useful and can handle an oversized bottle, which is a plus for me. Even though the workout programs that come standard on the machine are nothing special, they do make you sweat and get your heart rate up, which is what using an elliptical machine is all about.

If you have at least $500 to spend on an elliptical machine, I wouldn't recommend purchasing the ProForm 10.0 ZE because you can get a better quality machine for your money. In fact, had I thought it would be easy to disassemble the machine and get it back into the box, I would have promptly returned it.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews