Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 11:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart SmartStick PG-16883 Hand Blender

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

This blender is actually a stick blender that you hold in your hand, with a 16 ounce cup for blending the ingredients. The style is something I hadn't used before, and i wasn't sure this would work for me. I wanted a small blender that was very strong, and this one turned out to be precisely what I was looking for.

It's great for blending one or two servings of drinks, but that's not the only function it serves. I use it for pureeing baby food, and it really does the job well. It has a strong motor and is very thorough, and it doesn't take long to get all ingredients blended. With an open cup style, I was worried about splatter, but it's not an issue at all.

There is only one speed, but that doesn't make any difference to me because this blender has always done exactly what I expect. I also like the fact that I can use it one-handed (it has one button that you use for operation) and hold the cup with the other hand.

In fact, this blender is unbelievably easy to clean. The two parts that touch food are dishwasher safe, so all you need to do is put them in the dishwasher.

Finally, another use that I was thrilled to discover is using the blender stick outside of the provided cup. For example, if I'm making spaghetti sauce in a pot and I want to thin it out, I can just use the blender straight in the pot. It's so easy to do.

The blades are sharp, the design is intuitive, and the motor is strong. This blender really gets the job done. I would buy another one and would recommend this to anybody who blends less than 16 ounces at a time.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews