Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Scanner for PC

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

After having a fiasco with a defective HP feeder/scanner at my office we ordered all new Fujitsu ScanSnap S15000's and we are so pleased with the switch. They cost quite a bit more but the quality speaks volumes.

This scanner has a feeder and is mostly for scanning PDF files but does scan photos as well. At work we are only interested in scanning documents so it suites our needs beautifully. The speed of this extremely tiny machine is astounding. It scans about 20 sheets per minute, and also scans both sides of a sheet so in that case it scans 40 sheets per minute. The quality is superb and the feeder rarely jams or pulls through more than one paper unless you try to put too many sheets into it.

This scanner comes with Adobe, which is convenient because scanned images go right into your Adobe reader, you do not have to transfer them there. When they come up in Adobe they are just as clear as if I had typed them on the computer rather than scanned them. I doubt if anyone would be able to tell the difference.

We often have to scan contracts and leases into our computers at work, so scanning multiple pages is often required and the ability to scan multiple pages, front and back, quickly has been invaluable. We recently transferred all of our files from hard-copy onto the computer, in an effort to join the 21st century, which could have been a painfully long process. This little scanner made such quick work of it, I can't imagine having used our old scanner (god forbid), or even a different kind.

The speed is reason enough to love this machine, but it also really lessens my workload and keeps me more organized as well as scans with impeccable clarity. I am very happy to have it as a part of my office.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews