Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 07:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

GE Spectra Oven XL44

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

GE Spectra Oven XL44

My GE Spectra XL44 Oven is the most important appliance in my kitchen because I love cooking and this oven has enough space. It holds an extra large 4.4 cu ft. capacity which gives me extra room in baking, barbecuing, or broiling large amount of food. It allows me to freely or easily flip a meat or fish in the broiler.

It has a sealed countertop burner with maximum output of 12000/1000 BTU and it has a simmer burner with 5000/600 BTU perfect when I'm making spaghetti sauce. The heat is evenly distributed and no spills even if the sauce starts boiling.

Talking about spills, I use the front burners when making a stew and when it starts to boil sometimes it spills, I don't worry too much about the cleaning because the entire surface of the oven is removable and it's easy to clean. Sometimes the igniter has a problem on the rear burner but it lights up after 3-4 tries. The burner has a drip pan and the surface has a scratch resistance back guard. My oven is almost 5 years old now and there are no visible scratches so far considering the fact that I'm cooking 3 meals a day most of the time.

My oven's control features include: an audible pre-heat signal that beeps when my desired temperature has been reached, this feature works well for me because I do something else while baking. The electronic clock timer and automatic oven timer bake time is very useful for someone like me who multi-task while cooking. It has an in-oven broiling with extra-large broiler pan and grid plus automatic oven shut off. It maintains the desired temperature you set.

The feature I like best with my oven is the self-cleaning option. The self-cleaning is 3 hours and that is when the oven is really dirty when you can't really wipe out the spills and other food residue that are burnt and stuck in the oven. With my oven's self-cleaning feature, that's easy job, I just push the button and set it for 3 hours and my oven is perfectly clean after the process. I just need to wipe some white ashes that's all. If my oven is not that dirty, I just use the self-clean for 1 and ½ hours. With this feature I don't need to use any oven cleaning chemical that is hazardous to my eyes and breathing.

Bottom line, with the price I paid for with my GE spectra self-cleaning oven around $ 800 including tax and shipping it's worth it. Another quality appliance I bought from GE that meets my expectation and I'm satisfied with the performance and durability.

By: samutsari

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 6,564 times
I have this same oven.
It is used from someone else.
How do I clean between crystal overlay assay and the trim control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews