Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 04:06 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,243,553 times

Advertisements

Me for one, I swear its everywhere, on ESPN, sports radio, even Fox News, CNN, and other news media outlets are covering this like there is no tomorrow. We've already heard about the stories, we get it already, why do they continue to beat this story to death? I dont care what he or the Packers are saying about any of this anymore, I just want this mess to end. He retired already, give it a rest, please! It's getting to the point where im starting to dislike both the Packers and him.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:26 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Me for one, I swear its everywhere, on ESPN, sports radio, even Fox News, CNN, and other news media outlets are covering this like there is no tomorrow. We've already heard about the stories, we get it already, why do they continue to beat this story to death? I dont care what he or the Packers are saying about any of this anymore, I just want this mess to end. He retired already, give it a rest, please! It's getting to the point where im starting to dislike both the Packers and him.
I just want to scream. In my opinion Favre should not have retired in the first place. Now the way he has jerked the Pack's chain and the way the media has covered him i'm losing more and more respect for Favre with every story. The only way this could get any worse is if he ends up with my panthers.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:51 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
In the end, the only people who will like him are Pack fans, he's driving everyone else up the wall with this STUPID "Im retiring".... "no, wait, nevermind".... "Im retiring".... "Im baaaack".... "Im retiring".... "I cant make up my mind" CRAP!!!!

Brett, do yourself a favor and just retire.

Please?!?!?!

Old 07-15-2008, 05:45 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
It's totally out of control. Poor Aaron Rogers.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:42 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I am totally with you on this one. I'm sick and tired of hearing about this especially at a time in which there is so much important termoil from energy prices to housing market to banking meltdowns to high inflation etc.... It is obsurd.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:47 AM

486 posts, read 982,216 times
I love Brett Faaaaarrrrrrrrvvvvvv raaaaaaaah!

You'll only get it if you seen Something about Mary.....

Old 07-16-2008, 07:02 AM

41,956 posts, read 75,183,468 times
I've lot a lot of respect for the guy. In my opinion, what he's done is nothing less than blatant manipulation: of the fans, of his employers, and of the entire NFL.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:27 AM

439 posts, read 1,232,498 times
Im a Packer fan and I think he should retire. However i think some fans are getting a taste of what we go through. How often do the Yankees or the Giants or any NY team get coverage anytime a player gets sick. Green Bay gets almost zero coverage until something like this happens. Now you know what Packer fans go through when Eli manning and the Giants are talked about for 3 hours and the Pack gets 10 seconds.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:28 AM

367 posts, read 695,627 times
One thing that Farve seems to forget is that he cannot call the shots here. Farve is under contract for the next three years with the Packers holding his rights. He can say all he wants that he wants to go to Minnesota, San Francisco or Pluto. What matters is Farve is under contract and if he wants to come back it will have to be under the terms of Packer management.

If Farve wanted to play, he shouldn't have announced his retirement; it is that simple.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:01 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,766 times
No question that Favre has been a media darling, as well as much loved by Green Bay & Wisconsin & other football fans who can't help but idolize him.
However, he is most definitely becoming a major question mark if not a total embarassment to all of the above.
Seems as if, unless they are really aging and slowing down, or mostly disabled, athletes do not really know when to retire. There needs to be some kind of direction given either by the leagues or unions as to how to ultimately deal with retirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football