Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2019, 04:34 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Wow! What a move, OBJ to the Browns, I'm shocked but Giants get a 1st round, a 3rd round plus their safety Peppers!

Did any Giants fans see this coming? OBJ has always been a subject of discussion but I'm surprised.
Giants fans should not be surprised. This is what Dave Gettleman does. Punts talent right out of the door. Got rid of DeAngelo Williams and Steve Smith while they still had tread left on their tires. Never came close to replacing either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 06:55 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
Brownies have some great weapons on offense now, but your forgetting that they are still the Browns.

They look great on paper so far, but I guess that's why they play the games. We'll find out soon enough.
Not the same old Browns. Get ready!

Old 03-15-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Giants fans should not be surprised. This is what Dave Gettleman does. Punts talent right out of the door. Got rid of DeAngelo Williams and Steve Smith while they still had tread left on their tires. Never came close to replacing either.
Your GM is in rebuilding mode. Looks like he plans to limp through the 2019 season and hope there is a good QB in the 2020 draft and as well as build up some cap space and rebuild from there. Or if he feels it's worth it, use his two #1 picks to move up in this years draft and grab a QB to sit under Eli for a year.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:39 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
I am not surprised, but I didnt think they were going to trade him, either. Personally, I think he should have got more.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Your team should be happy with Jabrill Peppers. He has the talent to become a all-pro safety, especially in your 3-4 D. At Cleveland, he wasn't used to his full potential in the Browns 4-3 D. Also the Giants was Peppers favorite team as a kid.

So overall, Gettleman got "2 first rounders", with one being Peppers and the other the 17th pick.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:46 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,208,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Your team should be happy with Jabrill Peppers. He has the talent to become a all-pro safety, especially in your 3-4 D. At Cleveland, he wasn't used to his full potential in the Browns 4-3 D. Also the Giants was Peppers favorite team as a kid.

So overall, Gettleman got "2 first rounders", with one being Peppers and the other the 17th pick.
Right. The Giants got back two first round picks (one being Peppers) also a 3rd rounder and they swapped a 5th rd pick for a 4th with the Browns. Its more then what the Raiders got for Mack or Steelers for AB.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:31 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:

Actually, my team is the Panthers. I’m just here to warn Giants fans about the ways of the Gettleman. Gettleman may have helped with the Panthers cap situation but he did a lot damage in his wake.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:12 PM

They key now will be what Gettleman does with the extra picks he has acquired; not just for OBJ, but for all of the trades he has made in the past year as he was shedding salary. When you trade a guy, you had better have a plan to replace said guy. Two picks in the first 17...is he going to at least get two long term starters with those picks?

Old 04-04-2019, 06:31 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:

I was a peppers fan at Michigan. Of course I'm a Michigan fan, go blue. Being a Giants fan as of late has been hard. I do think getting rid of Odell was a good thing. Seemed like a cry baby. I always felt like Eli worried too much about making him happy. We didn't win much with him. I think that they probably could have gotten a little more for him though. I feel like we aren't really working for next season at all. But for the season after. I would like the Giants to get Kyler Murray, but I'll be happy with Haskins too.

Old 04-08-2019, 01:45 PM

I thought at the very least--in the current structure of the OBJ trade--they could have got the higher of the Browns' two third round picks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football