Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 05:37 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Great victory ticker tape parade and closing celebrations at Metlife today!

It was a truly great season for the New York Giants, they exemplified true grit and determination, makes a great story for their legacy, way to go Big Blue!!!

Super Bowl XLVI, cause 'We are the Champions" . . .my friend. . .In the words of the immortal Jackie Gleason, "How Sweet it Is"

The part when they were on stage singing......"we got a ring" was embarassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 05:42 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,083,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The part when they were on stage singing......"we got a ring" was embarassing.
lol, I guess they've had their cheesy moments as well

Old 02-07-2012, 05:51 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
I liked it, cheesy or not, thought it was funny!

Old 02-07-2012, 06:02 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,083,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I liked it, cheesy or not, thought it was funny!
I thought it was funny as well Susan, but I am glad that it didn't drag on at that point

Old 02-08-2012, 10:54 AM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
most likely the packers will be at the giants on thursday night before the official start of the season
I agree with this...I think it will be Packers at Giants on that Thursday night. I dont think they are going to ask the Saints to do it twice in a row, so I think it would come down to Giants-Packers or Giants-49ers. I also dont think they will make it an AFC-NFC matchup (thus eliminating Pittsburgh and Baltimore).

Old 02-08-2012, 12:11 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Great victory ticker tape parade and closing celebrations at Metlife today!

It was a truly great season for the New York Giants, they exemplified true grit and determination, makes a great story for their legacy, way to go Big Blue!!!

Super Bowl XLVI, cause 'We are the Champions" . . .my friend. . .In the words of the immortal Jackie Gleason, "How Sweet it Is"

Great game and glad my Giants won..That's two now against New England..How they like those apples? Don't go crying now Giselle, you still have your looks and Tom Brady has his Uggs...Lol..Ok, sorry, just had to...Have Brady come by ny with his NY yankee hat on...Great look today...Sorry had too...Just hitting below the ole' belt this time..Can't help myself...I hate the Pats and I love Big Blue..What can I say, I'm loving it..Eli's officially in Tommy girls dreams...err...nightmares....forever.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:17 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I agree with this...I think it will be Packers at Giants on that Thursday night. I dont think they are going to ask the Saints to do it twice in a row, so I think it would come down to Giants-Packers or Giants-49ers. I also dont think they will make it an AFC-NFC matchup (thus eliminating Pittsburgh and Baltimore).

I meant to say Niners at Giants since that was the NFC championship game

Old 02-28-2012, 03:16 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
OK so now the opening game will be on Wed., the 5th not Thursday definitely Giants, no opponent listed yet. Last year it was the 2 previous SB winners but NFL is all about the $$$ and a Giants/49ers might draw a bigger market.

Moved from Thursday due to a conflict with the Demo convention speech. Lots of comments about it at some sites. Short memories on some people as last year there was a speech but ended in time for the game or something like that.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:36 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times
I think, if I recall, you are right susancruzs...

I still think it is going to be Giants-Packers on Wednesday night...

Old 02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I think, if I recall, you are right susancruzs...

I still think it is going to be Giants-Packers on Wednesday night...
why wouldn't it be Giants/Niners since they were in the NFC Championship game?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football