Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:10 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,885 times

Advertisements

Why is it that most people are still counting out the Colts? they have proven that they can win. Yes they have lost a lot on the defensive side of the ball. But come on you have to give it that with Peyton, Marvin, addi, and reggie wayne that they can win the big game more than one year. I cant understand why the media always down plays the Colts. Saying that they wont win again I think it is pretty stupid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 12:39 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,051 times
What did they lose on defense?

Old 08-22-2007, 01:02 PM

262 posts, read 300,111 times
They loss Linebacker Cato June and two starting cornerbacks im not sure of the names they lost defensive tackle Anthony McFarland to injury and Tarik Gleen the left tackle retired.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:50 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrench8456 View Post
They loss Linebacker Cato June and two starting cornerbacks im not sure of the names they lost defensive tackle Anthony McFarland to injury and Tarik Gleen the left tackle retired.
LBs? they still got Brackett. June is replaceable, unlike Urlacher or Ray Lewis.

McFarland is a loss, yes. Freeney is still there, though. And Bob Sanders will continue to terrorize the opponent WR corps. Have you seen the guy play?

Old 08-22-2007, 02:17 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,803 times
The Colts won't make it out of the first round.I think the Patriots,Ravens,Chargers,and Broncos are better than the Colts.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:59 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,885 times
They lost a total of 8 starters from last year and with Booger gone we have a rookie starting, not doing bad in pre season but hopfully we will continue to score at will and least have that medium defense that kept us in it all last year. then turn it up in the playoffs and finish on top again. But all you naysayers will be eating crow after this season again http://www.republicanvoices.org/eating_crow.jpg (broken link)
cant wait YUMMY!!!!

Old 08-23-2007, 05:08 PM

64 posts, read 204,011 times
Anytime you have arguably the best quarterback in the game on your team you can never really be a true underdog.

Colts could repeat without question

Old 08-23-2007, 07:27 PM

325 posts, read 1,077,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juicebox View Post
Why is it that most people are still counting out the Colts? they have proven that they can win. Yes they have lost a lot on the defensive side of the ball. But come on you have to give it that with Peyton, Marvin, addi, and reggie wayne that they can win the big game more than one year. I cant understand why the media always down plays the Colts. Saying that they wont win again I think it is pretty stupid
I think the media is just expecting the AFC to be just as strong as it always is and they dont feel that the Colts made enought off season aquisitions to keep up. There defense is suspect at best this year. I honestly think (it pains me to say this as a die hard steeler fan) that the Patriots are going to the Superbowl hands down barring any season ending injury to Tom Brady. I think Brady was pissed about last season and went to the front office and demanded that something be done and the Pats did it. They made a lot of moves and it will pay off I assure you. I imagine the Ravens will be decent and the Chargers will be strong again. Then we flip the coin on the Steelers, Bengals, Broncos, and Chiefs. And lets not forget about the Titans.....Vince Young seems to be teh real deal.
This season will be interesting to say the least. I think the Colts are still in the top two as far as best teams, I just think the Pats have made the moves and they are the team to beat. JMO......

Old 09-16-2007, 10:30 PM

458 posts, read 2,775,464 times
I love Peyton Manning and I am happy to see him have success but I just don't think they are getting by the Patriots this year. They were really pretty lucky to have beaten them last year in the playoffs and the Patriots look absolutely sick this year. The Chargers are one of the top teams in the AFC and the Pats just destroyed them like they were the Texans or something.

I don't like the Patriots but let's face it... They are in a league of their own this year. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if they went undefeated. I don't think it will happen but it would not suprise me if they did.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:55 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
The Colts won't make it out of the first round.I think the Patriots,Ravens,Chargers,and Broncos are better than the Colts.
So far, I'd say the Colts are better than the Ravens, Chargers and the Broncos. To all of you Colt haters, buckle up because we're still a force to be reckoned with this January and don't be surprised if it's us vs. pats in the AFC Championship game. I'm not predicting a Superbowl here folks, but we're still a force and who knows maybe in the SB again, you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football