Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 06:36 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,160,738 times

Advertisements

this piece of scum has just been re-signed by Nike as a spokeperson.

anyone sharing the disgust that he can be used by a huge company can regsiter on facebook at 'Boycott Nike'

or just stop buying their gear.

heres wishing well to every defensive lineman in the NFL -go rip his head off

Old 07-04-2011, 08:24 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,794,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post

anyone sharing the disgust that he can be used by a huge company can regsiter on facebook at 'Boycott Nike'

I'm actually planning to buy a new pair of Nike Air Force Ones after this announcement.

Do all the boycotting and protesting you want but this has been going on for nearly two years and none of those dogs have come back to life have they?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:37 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,617,291 times
If you're boycotting, don't just stop buying Nike, tell them why you're not buying. They need to know why people have stopped buying their products.

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Oscar Wilde

Michael who?

Old 07-04-2011, 11:49 AM

18,241 posts, read 25,899,930 times
I saw this thread maybe 5 minutes after it came on the board. It had 3 views at that time. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the OP as I'm 95% sure they have not posted on football before.

People have until the end of the day to vent. Then it gets closed. Two years ago there were several threads on Vick on a couple forums that eventually run their course over the 2009 season. Last year it was hundreds, I take that back, thousands of posts over different forums; Football, Sports, Pets, Great Debates, P/OC, Philadelphia, Georgia, Atlanta. And even though this thread zeroes in on Vick's association with Nike it won't take much time for people to go off topic and eventually start MFing each other because of differing views. I won't allow that.

A few weeks later (if we have an NFL season) I'm going to add some items on one of the "stickies". I haven't decided yet if I do like I did last year to "sticky" hot button subjects such as Vick and let people vent.

Thread is open until midnight. If there is a TOS violation it will close sooner.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 07-05-2011 at 09:18 AM..

Old 07-04-2011, 11:53 AM

81 posts, read 238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post

This is exactly why you are no better than the person you are condemning, by wishing ill will. Get off your high horse and do something else productive with your time. Nike will do just fine and maybe even better. I can assure you that their bottom line will not be impacted

The members of that hate page on facebook all seem like angry white woman who appear to have this strong attachment with dogs. I dont know, maybe they are not getting love from men, or there is some other motivating factor that is driving them to just hate. In any case most people do not feel the same way you do, and that is the best thing about America. If a person paid his debt to society he can go out and make a living for himself. America is a place for second chances and you, not I, and definitely not you have the right to judge anyone.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:56 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,932,936 times
Can we please stop with the "Kill Mike Vick" stuff?

What he did was wrong, but the way I feel about it, he didn't plan a hijacking of a plane to blow up the World Trade Center.

Please stop with that, ok?

Old 07-04-2011, 04:00 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,084,658 times
So many athletes that worthy. . .SHAME ON NIKE!

Old 07-04-2011, 04:47 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,794,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
So many athletes that worthy. . .SHAME ON NIKE!
So many athletes that worthy......who won't create as much buzz and attention as Mike Vick. Nike is a business and if you wanted to get attention for your product a very controverisal person would be the one you would want. Nike's ultimate goal is profit and Vick is likely to create plenty for them.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:49 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,502,730 times
He did his time and changed his lifestyle. Why not give him another chance?

What is it with you people?!

Old 07-04-2011, 09:03 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,617,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
He did his time and changed his lifestyle. Why not give him another chance?

What is it with you people?!
I don't think everyone is convinced he "changed his lifestyle." I think most of us who think that, myself included, think he "changed his lifestyle" in front of the camera, to save face, to get endorsements. I believe if he hadn't been caught when he did, he'd still be doing this, and would continue until caught, if ever. I personally won't be surprised if he gets caught again some day doing the same thing.

I believe he had no choice other than to look like he changed to get the other side of the issue off his back.

Too bad.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 07-04-2011 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: closing mod comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football