Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 03:57 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,418,228 times

Advertisements

Like lets say that you have been through the worst seasons with your team by sticking with them no matter what, and when your team finally has a good season or wins a Championship people start saying you're a "bandwagon" even though you been with that team LONG before they'd became winners. Even the ones that had talked bad about you sticking with your team when your team has been through before they started winning start calling you a bandwagoner. WTH!?

Like me that I have been a Saints person since the days of Jim Mora when he was the Head Coach of the Saints and been with them through the 1990's and they had their lows. And during that time I was or somewhat made fun of for being with that team. NOW, after the Saints won the Super Bowl I get called "bandwagoner" including from the ones that knew I was a Saints person for years.

And even if I tell them the history of my team some of them still don't believe me!

Matter of fact, even some of the people that were Saints fans before the SB win saw that I have been a Saints fan my whole life tell me that I'm a bandwagoner which to me let's me know that their selfish since they now want to try to keep the team for themselves and act like all the true Saints fans are bandwagoners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 10:12 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
Pittsburgh sports fans are all front-runners. Just ask anybody in Cleveland.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:37 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
The answer to the original question, for me, is no.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:36 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
I'm a reverse bandwagoner....I jumped off the Eagles bandwagon while they're one of the hottest teams in football....on principle. Supported them through years of losing, but Mike Vick is the deal breaker for me.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:07 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
My DH is a lifelong Saints fan, since the days or Archie Manning. Has worn the paper bag on his head etc. Now, when we go out for football on Sunday and he wears a Saints jersey, he gets the third degree from people who don't know him. Why do people care anyway?

Old 11-20-2010, 02:26 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
My DH is a lifelong Saints fan, since the days or Archie Manning. Has worn the paper bag on his head etc. Now, when we go out for football on Sunday and he wears a Saints jersey, he gets the third degree from people who don't know him. Why do people care anyway?
It could just be jealousy. I dealt with the same **** two years ago. (It got even worse after the Penguins won the Stanley Cup.)

Old 11-20-2010, 06:27 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
You can generally determine if a person is a bandwaggoner by finding out what other teams they like. A Steelers fan who's also a Yankees fan and who also likes the Lakers or Bulls is 95% likely to be a bandwaggoner. More often than not somebody saying " I've been a ------ fan all my life" translates to " I've been a ------- fan ever since they had those winning seasons."

Old 11-20-2010, 06:36 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
You can generally determine if a person is a bandwaggoner by finding out what other teams they like. A Steelers fan who's also a Yankees fan and who also likes the Lakers or Bulls is 95% likely to be a bandwaggoner. More often than not somebody saying " I've been a ------ fan all my life" translates to " I've been a ------- fan ever since they had those winning seasons."
Yep, people who have six-degrees of Kevin Bacon reasons for their teams, like "I went to my first NFL game at Heinz field, my wife lived in New York, my cousin went to USC, LeBron is on my fantasy team, and I'm pretty sure Crosby played against my high school at regionals".

Old 11-21-2010, 05:11 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
I'm a lifelong Lions' fan.

I don't know what a bandwagon is.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:33 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Pittsburgh sports fans are all front-runners. Just ask anybody in Cleveland.

Well, there are a ton of bandwagon Steelers fans here in NE Ohio that mysteriously were Cowboys fans in the 90's and Pats fans 5 or 6 years ago.

Most of these guys are also "Lifelong" Yankees fans and Miami Heat/LA Laker fans as well.

I do know plenty of people that have been lifelong Steeler fans thru the lame Bubby Brister/Merril Hoge/Kordell Stewert years but nearly all of the 'fans" I see are total frontrunners. I really do lose respect for someone that does that. They are usually the same people that when you ask them what kind of music do they like they respond by saying "whatever is in the top ten".

Losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football