Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 AM

30 posts, read 118,253 times

Advertisements

Portland is an economic basket case and the worst part of it is that most residents and politicians seem to be happy about it. This is a city that prides itself on being "weird". Weird means smoking lots of dope, going on eco freako walks in the forest, playing video games, drinking 12 espressos a day, scoring a hit of meth in the afternoon and living a damp basement with a bicycle as the only mode of transportation.

This is a city that refuses to invest in a transportation infrastructure other than the Max train. Most roads have not been upgraded since the 1940's. Entire suburbs are built around the original farm roads and are jam packed at rush hours. Expect very long and frustrating commutes or enjoy your ride on the Gang infested Max train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 12:52 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
Please, tell us how you really feel. I sense you're holding back somewhat.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:00 PM

666 posts, read 1,844,161 times
Please don't feed the troll. View his other posts and then make the decision on if you want to waste your time.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:23 PM

110 posts, read 247,602 times
The paragons jimg is mentioning of are realistic.His findings can only hurt those who stand to lose by his publicity.Is this place infested with real estate agents who want to make the white black and vice versa?Give me an incentive that jimg has to falsely portray this city?

Old 09-11-2009, 04:41 PM

1,018 posts, read 4,110,292 times
You failed to mention that the freedom to run around naked in public is clearly the defining political issue of our time, and hopefully we can spend some time delving into it during one of the many "legalize it" rallies or during a rambling public access TV show.

Well, I gotta run...there's a 100% organic hemp dog blanket I need to buy for my dog. The $800 purchase price really is worth it since I am helping save the world by doing so.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:21 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shaft View Post
You failed to mention that the freedom to run around naked in public is clearly the defining political issue of our time, and hopefully we can spend some time delving into it during one of the many "legalize it" rallies or during a rambling public access TV show.

Well, I gotta run...there's a 100% organic hemp dog blanket I need to buy for my dog. The $800 purchase price really is worth it since I am helping save the world by doing so.
It sounds like you're talking about Eugene, Oregon..

Old 09-18-2009, 12:58 PM

73 posts, read 231,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimg1126 View Post
. . .

This is a city that refuses to invest in a transportation infrastructure other than the Max train. Most roads have not been upgraded since the 1940's. Entire suburbs are built around the original farm roads and are jam packed at rush hours. Expect very long and frustrating commutes or enjoy your ride on the Gang infested Max train.
I don't want investment in a "transportation infrastructure". I don't want suburbs that look and feel like Los Angeles suburbs. I don't want 4 lane highways through peaceful rolling farmland (like the disaster out in Damascus to support the burbers that invaded the area).

I don't want Portland and the surrounding area to be destroyed like Southern California was destroyed in the 50's and 60's and on into the 90's. If people want infrastructure they should move to New York or Boston or some other east coast city, because the west coast is not known at all for transportation infrastructure.

And Seattle has far, far worse problems with lack of transportation infrastructure than Portland does!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: