Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,010 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm thinking of moving to Asa lofts at pearl, but am concerned about the bar across the street. I was checking out the neighborhood Saturday evening, and pink rose, the bar across, was playing really loud music even past midnight.
Is this allowed? Or expected?
Asa lofts looks like a cool place, but the bar noise level is scary!
Should I give up and look for another place, away from pink rose?
Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 08:33 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times
I remember when my brother was looking for a rental, he steered clear of those near a popular watering hole. Rather than complaining to the city about noise just rent where it isn't an issue.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:48 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
If you want to live somewhere quiet, it doesn't make sense to choose a place with lots of surrounding nightlife.

There are plenty of quiet neighborhoods in Portland which, in addition to being quiet, will also be much cheaper.

But, to answer your question. Yes, noise is regulated after 10 PM, but not in a manner that's going to make you happy.

https://www.portlandonline.com/Audit...28709&a=327463

Basically it can be roughly like someone is having a conversation three feet from your head.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:54 PM

2,430 posts, read 6,629,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtopdx View Post
Hi,
I'm thinking of moving to Asa lofts at pearl, but am concerned about the bar across the street. I was checking out the neighborhood Saturday evening, and pink rose, the bar across, was playing really loud music even past midnight.
Is this allowed? Or expected?
Asa lofts looks like a cool place, but the bar noise level is scary!
Should I give up and look for another place, away from pink rose?
Thanks,
The Pink Rose only has live music a short period of time during the year, and not every night. Once the weather turns you won't hear a peep out of them.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:08 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,333,043 times
They are licensed until 3AM, and some are allowed Jam sessions from 3AM until 5AM. But to answer your question .... Yes, it's allowed.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:13 AM

2 posts, read 3,010 times
Thank you very much for the information. I guess I need to find another place.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:07 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,709,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
If you want to live somewhere quiet, it doesn't make sense to choose a place with lots of surrounding nightlife.
Kinda like people buying a house near a dairy farm and complaining about the smell.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:02 PM

126 posts, read 153,655 times
Well, to be fair, the Pearl is known for its loft conversions and pricey highrises more than its "nightlife" (there's nightlife in PDX, really?) so if this particular loft really scratched the itch of the OP I think it's resonable to be disappointed that it has a noise issue with the neighbors, even if its only part of the year.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:03 PM

126 posts, read 153,655 times
BTW, I found a good website to scope out alternative lofts in the Pearl:

Pearl District Lofts - John Cooper and Stacy Cooper, Re/Max Equity Group, Portland Oregon

Old 07-22-2014, 05:02 PM

36 posts, read 55,174 times
I used to live there, it only affects someone if they are west or south facing, one night a week from like 8 to 10, only during the summer months. I didn't find it annoying, it was more fun to take advantage of. Sometimes one of the tenants was the one playing across the street, so that was fun... but yeah, if you want peace and quiet completely, I wouldn't live anywhere close-in, or be very choosy and check out the neighborhoods at night before commiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland