Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 06:04 AM

7 posts, read 9,909 times

Advertisements

I am helping out a friend who is planning to move to Oregon in the near future.

Do you know of any apartment blocks (rental only) that have a resident apartment manager ?

This is strictly for consultation. We are neither seeking nor offering a similar job.

Some requirements:

1. Located in populated but generally safe area anywhere in Oregon ( not Washington State )
2. Must have a current resident manager to consult
3. Not seeking people who no longer work in this capacity

We thank you kindly for your consideration and help.

Sue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 08:21 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,443,694 times
What do you need to consult the apartment manager about? In my experience onsite managers are rare, but they're usually available via phone pretty easily. American Property Management usually has one manager who runs five or six local apartment buildings for instance.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:03 PM

7 posts, read 9,909 times
Thank you for your response.

My friend is currently living in an apartment in Los Angeles that has a resident manager.

As he has special needs, he is looking to move to a similar arrangement in Oregon.

As you say that residents managers are rare, we just have to look harder.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:00 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,573,451 times
If he is a person with a disability he may want to contact Station Place, a building in the Pearl District. Residents must be 55+ or disabled.

In my building, a condo, we have a resident manager but there is discussion about that need. If someone needs help outside of staff hours they should call 911, not the manager, for liability and other reasons.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:36 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
I would suggest you try the suburbs. In the city itself, I used to know quite a few resident managers in my area including the building in which I live. I used to be one myself. But that seems to be a thing of the past. Possibly because resident managers usually get free rent or big discounts on rents and rentals have become so scarce, property owners want to have everything possible unit rented at full value. Makes sense. I sure would want to do that.

I think the best you could do is like a situation like mine in which my landlord who used to live in my building now lives only about fifteen minutes away so if there is an apartment emergency he is here very quickly. He also has a workshop in the building he owns across the street from mine.

The suburbs, however, have large apartment complexes with resident managers and offices on the premises. I don't know of any personally but you see them advertised all the time on Craig's List and rentals on the Internet.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:08 PM

32,659 posts, read 48,067,543 times
There's a large apartment complex right next to the community college in Bend. It's a nice complex, but unless they have a new manager, I wasn't very impressed. The office was always locked up with a sign that the manager would be back at 1:00, but wasn't there at any time. If you managed to hunt them down, they made it obvious that you were annoying them.

It's full of college students which might be an issue for some.

That's the only place I know of that has a resident manager who is supposed to be there all the time and available in their office.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:32 PM

192 posts, read 454,726 times
I came across this place when doing something related to my job, but I can only speak to the fact that the manager seemed to be onsite a lot. I only had telephone contact. I have not seen the building or the neighborhood. The manager implied that some of the residents were in regular need of outside support from social service agencies.

Uptown Tower Apartments | Amenities[id]/29130/

Old 01-06-2014, 09:43 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,573,451 times
I happened to speak to a resident in that building a year or so ago, he was happy with the building and spoke of renovations. It is convenient to public transportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: