Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2011, 07:29 AM

12 posts, read 17,620 times

Advertisements

Something came through this past week and my wife and I, along with two cats, will be moving to Portland. I'll spend the summer at Reed and would like someplace nearby. After our whirlwind visit, my wife is pretty set on Sellwood, though Brooklyn is pretty nice too.

The trouble is, we didn't have enough time to find anything while there and I need to start no later than 07 July.

We only had a chance to call on a few places, but not schedule any time inside to look. My wife really likes the Kelli Ann Apts. off Milwaukie at 17th, but there aren't vacancies at this time...a current resident said she'd contact us if one opened (we had great luck with friendly people!). I also found the Waverly Surf Apts. Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

Has anyone seen any vacancies that look good in the Brooklyn/Sellwood area? If so, IM me the number and location and I'll call on them. We aren't looking for anything big, between 700 and 900-ish square feet (our old place was 910sq/ft and we didn't use one of the bedrooms).

Please don't reply that I didn't mention any price, when searching for a place on this short of notice I'd rather not be picky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 10:17 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,564,085 times
What about Woodstock? The Reed proximity is nice, and it is a very nice, desirable neighborhood on it's own. Not a ton of apartment options though.

You'll find that small house rentals are pretty overpriced in Portland, lots of people looking for a yard etc...

Old 06-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Thanks, Woodstock definitely is an option. The trouble there was finding any place for rent. We didn't see any signs when we went through on Monday and on Craigslist we haven't had luck (many posts mistagged there). We are back in Missouri right now and can't drive around the neighborhood to check for rent signs. If you know of any rentals there, could you pass on the info? Once we get there, I'd happily treat you to something from HUB for the trouble.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 PM

We are also looking around SE Belmont and Hawthorne because my wife prefers the smaller older places with wood floors.

We've been calling around with what we can find online, but have had no real luck contacting anything but a voice mailbox.

Being as far away as we are, it is not possible for us to spend the day driving/walking/riding around to look for "for rent" signs in Belmont, Brooklyn, Hawthorne, Sellwood, or Woodstock. Any help getting a few phone numbers from "for rent" signs is appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: