Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,997 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are from Long Island and have a condo on Hutchinson Island. We are thinking of making a relocation to the Jensen Beach area. Does anyone know about the communities in this area including Stuart & Palm City. Since our kids are grown, but, we are young enough not to be of retirement age, we want more of a neighborhood with families. Who knows anything about this area? Realtors have their own agenda and have been not very helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 02:51 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,890 times
Jenson beach is an EXCELLENT area. I have some co-workers that live in Jensen Beach that I have visited and the area is really pretty. There is a very sought after area that actually sits in the hills (yes...can you believe it) and it overlooks some type of inlet or body of water. I forgot the name of that area, but I'm sure someone will chime in with it. Jensen beach is very family oriented with excellent schools. The homes are older, but we generally well kept.

Good luck !

Old 02-10-2009, 01:27 PM

449 posts, read 1,125,952 times
heydade you must be talking about skyline drive/skyline heights area! I love that area, I have friends on top of the hill, they have an awesome view, I lived at the end of skyline drive. I loved it! love that area! My friends were planning to move to Arkansas when I last spoke with them. I'd buy their home in a minute! I would recommend this area to anyone.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:14 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,196,298 times
As a Realtor who DOES try to help, does not have an agenda other than to make your move SAFE and easy, and personally moved from Jensen Beach for good reasons, there are family neighborhoods in Jensen BUT stay away from the Rio part of Jensen, and the area down along the water directly down by Old Jensen.

The other posts on the "skyline' area is a mix of homes, mostly older, that is on one of the few "hills" in the area er the name Skyline.

Since you have a place here on Hut Isl already come down in person and take a drive at night, or check the local sexual offender sites and see what I mean. Also know that there is a train that runs through that WHOLE area all the time.

There are some nice areas, but please do your own due diligence in choosing which area you like by traveling through the entire area at different times and then deciding.

Palm City- a completely different area and very nice. Highly recommend.

Parts of Stuart, same thing.

You need to actually BE HERE and look in person, not online or at only what is sent to you.

Trying to help...the right way....

Old 02-12-2009, 09:57 PM

4 posts, read 18,103 times
There are plenty of good places in Jensen! All towns here on the treasure coast has it's bad streets, places and crimes! At least it is better than WPB and PSL!

Old 02-13-2009, 06:46 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,196,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg03 View Post
There are plenty of good places in Jensen! All towns here on the treasure coast has it's bad streets, places and crimes! At least it is better than WPB and PSL!
WPB does have it's crime areas but as in most areas of Palm Beach County there are good places and bad. You wouldn't see me living in downtown WPB for instance, but you would see me in Jupiter/Tequesta/Palm Beach Gardens, etc. and I HAVE lived in those places.

Jensen has it's good places and bad just like anywhere else does- I lived there too, I know. I moved.

I pointed out some particular bad places in Jensen. Not all of Jensen is bad by any means, but Jensen is also a small area compared to all of PSL...no comparison. I don't think of PSL as a "bad area" at all because it's not.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:07 AM

17 posts, read 40,608 times
Port St Lucie has a lot of very good points , one being value for money. You can buy a lot of home for a lot less than you will pay in Palm City , Stuart or Jensen Beach and still be only a few miles from these areas.
Look at Sandpiper, St Lucie West , there also some great home bargains out near Tesoro. If you want a condo try Prima Vista near The PGA Village. St Lucie has a low crime rate and a huge infrastructure that is constantly being updated , though there were a lot of mistakes with regards to planning designs these defects will be corrected in the coming years and is some cases are being done at present , one being the construction of pavements/sidewalks in some residential areas.
Being involved in Investment Properties for 25 years I think I have developed an eye for a good deal , compare prices in Palm City for a 2000 square foot home ½ acre lot and then take a look at a comparable home in Sandpiper it is quite easy to spot the best value for your money and in some cases a far better place to stay.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 5,478 times
Default Lived in the area 25 yrs. Still young kids grown

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytlite11 View Post
Hi, we are from Long Island and have a condo on Hutchinson Island. We are thinking of making a relocation to the Jensen Beach area. Does anyone know about the communities in this area including Stuart & Palm City. Since our kids are grown, but, we are young enough not to be of retirement age, we want more of a neighborhood with families. Who knows anything about this area? Realtors have their own agenda and have been not very helpful.
Hi I just entered the site and saw your post. Have raised 2 kids here and now grand kids.

Family areas are more on the main land than the Island. Stay away from E-stuart and Goldengate and Port Salerno. Palm city is nice but kinda upity. Jensen Beach proper is quaint and friendly.

Stuart is ok too and depending on your interests some of the gated communities like Mariner sands have younger "almost retireies" as I am at 48. My husband and I own a small business here but all our kids are grown and we love the life style of more laid back but not almost dead.

Hobe sound is nice too.

Hope thsi helps and is not too late.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:08 PM

8 posts, read 22,063 times
Talking Living In Jensen

I've been living in Jensen Beach since this past August (from Port St Lucie) and I LOVE it!! The beaches, quaint restaurants, good schools ... LOVE IT!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 08:36 PM

5,651 posts, read 6,208,289 times
I agree with Gladimout. Hutchinson Island is great but I knew some people who lived out there full time and said it was like a ghost town in the summertime. I also echo other posters on Skyline. I looked at houses there many years ago but at the time the market was close to its peak and I didn't want to spend the money required to get a decent place there. I'm sure it has come down. I ended up in Jensen Park Estates and was happy there. Nice neighbors, very very low key HOA. Conveneint location to Jensen and Stuart and good value with home prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach