Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 04:46 AM

910 posts, read 2,219,282 times

Advertisements

Happy Birthday ! I have lived here over a year and am still excited about the fact that I live 15 minutes from the beach, and never have to put on a coat ! As for a nice place to dine, my husband and I enjoyed Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty at Royal Palm Point. Lovely views of the lagoon, good service and food, and even an excellent Early Bird Special from 3 to 6pm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 06:41 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichoto-me View Post
YES! And we live right between Indian Ri er Blvd. and US1. I found it easier to just travel up 41st and bypass that crazy little part and make a left anywhere on there to bring me to 60. MUCH easier. Getting the hang of things and was laughing when my brother in law in NJ called to say they were at 98 today.
....yeah it's hot in FL....
Next week is my birthday and we were told The Tides is the best for a special occasion. I'm open to your recommendation!

I keep pinching myself - I can't believe I'm here to stay!
Congratulations! So exciting!

That's hilarious I probably drive by your house a couple times a day. Definitely going all the way west on 41st or 45th is the way to go.

The recycling center is on one of those streets if you have a lot of moving boxes to get rid of. Just break them down and drop them off.

I don't eat out much...but for a quick lunch, the Red Onion across from the hospital (and second location at the beach) is great. They're always busy and you can call ahead for takeout. I get the same thing every time Grilled Asparagus Sandwich. It's not cheap but the sandwiches are pretty big.

The Red Onion Eatery

Cannon's at the airport is adorable and my client's dog's photo is over the register hahaha. He was a "flyer" with his owner and the mascot among the guys that used to hang out there in the hangars discussing their planes etc. I enjoyed my meal there when they took me to lunch. We split a strawberry shortcake-ish thing with homemade biscuit among 3 of us it was huge and delish. They have the place filled with flying memorabilia and scale plane models hanging from the ceiling etc.

http://www.cjcannonsrestaurant.com/

And everybody needs to go to Captain Hiram's at least once. I don't remember the food being that special but it's a fun thing.

Treasure Coast Riverfront Restaurant in Sebastian, FL

Fab fish market if you eat fish:

Judah and Sons Retail Fish Market - Gallery

You can usually find me in the new Cumberland Farms, though on 45th LOL. Their smart card saves 10 cents a gallon. And they have actual regular iced coffee without fake stuff in in from a machine. The food not worth it unless you're starving but they will put something in "fresh" for you if you ask. I bough the chicken tenders to put dog pills in once and they were alright.

The Hess station on Rt1 has legit prepared food, like Publix. I think it's a Vero Beach thing with "restaurants" in gas stations. It's ok not super special but down on Oslo the Shell station has GREAT food hahaha.

You can tell my days revolve around gas stations.

There was a good butcher next to the Subway but they moved downtown on 17th. Not that that's "far".

The owner is super nice and cooks prepared meals and has some frozen besides the normal full service butcher things. The butcher is great, too and will do anything you want ie always asks if you want the meat packaged to freeze or whatnot. She uses a little too much salt for my tastes which is why I don't eat out much but I still buy some things and just dilute. Like her spaghetti sauce or Broccoli Rabe I just add unsalted stock to when I cook it.

http://www.abutchershoppeandabitmore.com/

I have to say I do miss a good old diner or "Jewish deli" like we have up North but you adjust. My clients say Too Jays is like that but I haven't tried it. They're from down here though so....LOL. They love the place. At Miracle Mile. They do have latkes and potato pancakes and other specialties on the menu! I'll have to try and remember to stop there.

And they love Brain Freeze over there, too.

http://www.toojays.com/

The Fort Pierce Farmers Market is awesome especially in the winter. I heard we have one now on the beach but I've never been.

http://www.fortpiercefarmersmarket.com/

http://www.verobeachoba.com/#!farmers-market/cev

HEY SeaLark7 they're building a Cumberland around the corner from you!

Once BoxermamaD bites the bullet we'll all have to get together some time.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 09-04-2014 at 07:18 AM..

Old 09-04-2014, 07:14 AM

45 posts, read 77,266 times
Thank you SealLark! And thank you to everyone that responded on city data to help me get here. It's been a long process, and everyone's responses helped us to make an educated decision. Going to the DMV now to make my move complete and get my license plates!

Old 09-04-2014, 07:23 AM

Runs - just saw your post! Lol! I'll bet we've stood right next to each other. Thanks for all the hints! I was just looking for a good fish market yesterday. And I love fun places so we will def try Captain Hiram's. And TooJays is very good. We had a late lunch there and my 19 year old daughter (who is looking for a PT job - hint) even liked it. Good food and good service.
A MILLION THANKS!

Old 09-04-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Runs - just saw your post! Lol! I'll bet we've stood right next to each other. Thanks for all the hints! I was just looking for a good fish market yesterday. And I love fun places so we will def try Captain Hiram's. And TooJays is very good. We had a late lunch there and my 19 year old daughter (who is looking for a PT job - hint) even liked it. Good food and good service.
A MILLION THANKS!
I bet we have. I'm the one wearing advertising on my shirts who smells like dogs. HA!

I'll have to order at Too Jays then.

Oh, and I had my hair cut on a whim at the ULTA at Too Jays by the girl with all the tattoos. Chopped off about 10 inches and went short. She did a great job.

I'd do Hirams on the weekend. I think I went for Sunday brunch and there was live music. Reggae. So call ahead.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:20 PM

66 posts, read 115,982 times
"Once BoxermamaD bites the bullet we'll all have to get together some time" I'm already looking forward to it!!

Hey there is a cute little "mini diner" on the island, Lemon Tree or something. We ate there quite a few mornings and it was very good, exceptionally fast service and very reasonable in price. We ate at Capt. Hiram's but there was nothing going on but the food was very good, one of the best salmon burgers I have ever had. I will definitely go back on the weekend next time.

Dichoto-me Happy Birthday! And I'm very jealous that you are already there Also, let me know if you find a good place for a special birthday celebration as we will be celebrating my 50th when we visit next.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:38 PM

Count me in on a get-together once Boxermama gets here ! That would be fun !

Old 09-04-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxermamaD View Post
"Once BoxermamaD bites the bullet we'll all have to get together some time" I'm already looking forward to it!!

Hey there is a cute little "mini diner" on the island, Lemon Tree or something. We ate there quite a few mornings and it was very good, exceptionally fast service and very reasonable in price. We ate at Capt. Hiram's but there was nothing going on but the food was very good, one of the best salmon burgers I have ever had. I will definitely go back on the weekend next time.

Dichoto-me Happy Birthday! And I'm very jealous that you are already there Also, let me know if you find a good place for a special birthday celebration as we will be celebrating my 50th when we visit next.
This is so funny you guys found all the places my client's family likes and I've never been to many of them.

Lemon Tree is one of their favs too. Also they always go to Bobby's the first night in town - they did take me there and my meal was great. The wait staff was cute old school ladies, too. Very nice and efficient.

AND Lobster Shanty is my client's favorite place. I think they give you free birthday cake.

One time she snuck out of her ALF and they had the entire township hunting for her with the search and rescue etc. She was at Lobster Shanty with a girlfriend LOLOL.

Quote:
SeaLark7 Count me in on a get-together once Boxermama gets here ! That would be fun !
For sure!

Old 09-04-2014, 08:00 PM

Oh ladies......I sadly left my book club friends back up north, and I would LOVE to start another one. We didn't always read the book, but we ALWAYS had fun.
Who's in?!

Old 09-04-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Oh ladies......I sadly left my book club friends back up north, and I would LOVE to start another one. We didn't always read the book, but we ALWAYS had fun.
Who's in?!
I have never been in a book club, but am an avid reader. Willing to try a club !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach