Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 10:48 AM

49 posts, read 129,502 times

Advertisements

Hello all

We are moving to Palm City (finally decided on the area !!). Husband works in Stuart and we have, after looking at Palm City Elementary and Bessey Creek Elementary school, decided to focus on those areas. Both schools were very impressive and super friendly

So, now which school Given that both are excellent, we can focus a little more on the type of housing/neighborhoods either in the north or south of Palm City.

What we like -
- waterfront (although we don't have a 1/2 million $ budget )
- family friendly
- eclectic

- husband is not too fond of the ranch style house ....
- we are not against neighborhoods with HOA's.

Looked around Magnolia Bluff Rd (nice but $$), lighthouse point (didn't like it as much), Danforth (nice family feel), Oakpointe (OK, again quite $$), Rustic Hills (some nice areas, nice eclectic feel).

It's difficult as I can't look around of course in gated communities.
Love to hear your thoughts. Am also going to chat with a local realtor today.

T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 08:12 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
The schools in Palm City are both great- I have never heard a complaint from anyone. As far as seeing what is available in the different communities that is pretty easy. If you want the homes for sale/rent in a certain price range that is easily emailed to you so you can look at what is available first, and then actually see them in person when you see something you like.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:32 AM

Hello,
Thanks, my husband will go and see a few houses to check out specific neighborhoods. Some are hard to see as they are of course gated. You always take the time to reply - thanks

Old 05-31-2012, 12:53 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,607,107 times
Don't be in a hurry to buy, rent first. I learned this from the forum but it took time for the good advice to sink into my head.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:58 AM

Oh we are for sure renting intially, I wouldn't move to a new area and buy without scoping it out. I was just curious about neighborhoods as we have to decide on which school to be districted for. We don't want to rent in say, Bessey Creek Elementary district and then descover that we prefer neighborhoods in the Palm City Elementary district. Once we choose the school we will be in that area. So, trying to figure out which is the better district for us on terms of --

- family friendly
- mixed neighborhoods
- waterfront availability (affordable!)
- more non-HOA housing (although we are OK with HOA too)
- different style houses (for eg. and I hope that I don't offend anyone), but Oak Pointe was not for us as all the houses looked the same. Just not our preference (although the houses were lovely).

Thanks
T

Old 06-22-2012, 03:01 PM

374 posts, read 548,800 times
https://app2.fldoe.org/Ranking/Schoo...t.aspx?dist=43

Here's the school rankings for all of Martin County. I believe there are over 1,500 elementary schools in FL, and they both ranked in the 100's. Both are great schools, and the numbers prove it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach