Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 11:26 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,372,654 times

Advertisements

At the time he was right. The more that well flows, the more it will flow. That is how we develop a water well. As the oil cleans the bedrock, a path of least resistance is created.

If anyone would like to see pictures of this process, I would be glad to post some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 02:46 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,854,979 times
This is kind of "dog bites man" thread. Now, "Brit Hume was RIGHT", that would be breaking news and probably unprecedented!

Old 05-29-2010, 03:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,304,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Thanks. Now I have a bit of perspective. It also makes me glad I don't watch TV.

While I tend to lean Conservative and even far-right on some issues, I also feel there are many highly visible folks on MY(?) team, so-to-speak who are more hindrance than help to conservatism. Of course the real world is sometimes like the schoolyard where nobody really wants the kid with zero athletic ability on the kickball team but they have to take them anyway because they lost the toss for 1st pick.

Of course the more left leaning folks seem to have a fairly good supply of noisy last-picks too so I guess it balances out.
Brit Hume is the one I would pick first if there were to be a debate about politics. I didn't really like him when he was on ABC but have really liked to listen to him since he has been on Fox.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
The Coast Guard was there on day one. I've yet to hear anyone on the left or right explain what they specifically expected the President to do at the onset of the spill. All I hear is emotional ranting but as per usual, no solutions or alternatives.
Maybe most of that ranting is caused by what came from the left toward Bush after Katrina. Few of those who ranted ever said anything about the Democrat mayor failing to evacuate as the plan, he helped draw up, called for him to do. After it was all out of hand he said we can't get buses that are underwater to the homes in the 9th ward. True but Saturday before the hurricane came ashore they could have been used. When the debacle was out of hand people went wild. Most of the ranters didn't pay any attention to the fact that all the food and water needed was in Baton Rouge but couldn't be hauled into NO because the highways were flooded.

Brownie did his job as far as he could and the mayor and governor got in the way, but Bush had to take all the blame. Now we have a similar situation and people keep wanting to know what Obama could have done. I never did know what Bush could have done other than fire Brown, which he did, and go from there. The people of NO re-elected that fool mayor which showed me a lot about them.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
This is kind of "dog bites man" thread. Now, "Brit Hume was RIGHT", that would be breaking news and probably unprecedented!
I don't even like to watch the panel part of Fox News Sunday unless Hume is there but I never fail to see Wallace interview his people in the first half of the show.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:06 PM

1,089 posts, read 656,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
At the time he was right. The more that well flows, the more it will flow. That is how we develop a water well. As the oil cleans the bedrock, a path of least resistance is created.

If anyone would like to see pictures of this process, I would be glad to post some.
LOL Hume was spinning and so are you. Hume would rather give deference to BP over our environment. He's a conservative!!

Old 05-29-2010, 07:25 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,438,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
LOL Hume was spinning and so are you. Hume would rather give deference to BP over our environment. He's a conservative!!
The left constantly critcizes Fox news and the people that watch it (check that, the conservatives that watch it because they think that's the only people that watch it), claiming everything on it is lies and right wing propaganda for all the conservatives that can't think for themselves.

At the same time, the left buys into the agenda the liberal media pushes....like conservatives love big oil and could care less about the environment. That's a huge generalization....if someone has a financial interest in the oil industry, they're probably going to care about it because, that's what put food on their table. That group is going to include people from both sides....what risks they think should be taken and sacrifices made, is going to vary from one individual to another. There are thousands of people in the gulf area who's source of income is going to be affected because of this spill....some might be fisherman and some might work on an oil rig (among other things) but, they all have to live together and rely on one another for the products or services their jobs provide for each other (along with the rest of us).

With few exceptions, we are all concerned about our environment.....we all have to live on the same planet. As I mentioned, unless they have a sizable financial interest in the oil industry, no one is going to side with BP over our own environment because they're conservatives and that's the way conservatives are.....that's crazy....there's no incentive for them to do that.

If you listen to some of the rest of Brit's broadcast, you'll hear/read what he's concerned about.....seeing a moratorium put on off shore oil drilling because of this oil spill......and not because he's a conservative and all conservatives love big oil. It's because it would drive oil prices up for us here in the U.S. and make us even more dependent on foreign oil than we already are. We need to use oil until we get up to speed on the alternatives that are being considered and invested in. I'm not interested in seeing a moratorium happen either for those same reasons and I don't even buy gas because I don't own a car.

There's no excuse for this leak happening in the first place and then for it to continue for so long....it was preventable....that's what needs to be investigated thoroughly, that's the reaction we should have rather than overreacting and putting a freeze on all off shore drilling because of this incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies