Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:22 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times

Advertisements

Rand Paul on Gulf spill: "Accidents happen"-pict0027.jpg

This will be your choice on what switches to move. BTW, the wrong one could hurt you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 07:22 AM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Us "liberals" are not saying that we shouldn't harvet oil. We're simply saying to pull your head out of your ass and actually have a viable emergency plan if you're going to do deep water drilling - you know, much like the kind that BP obviously didn't have. And that is simply not acceptable.
"BP didn't have"?

Up to this point, did any oil company have such a contingency plan? I think not.

Libs WANT cheap energy, but as a spoiled child who does not know how to change his dirty diaper, he cries and fusses without action or solutions.

Here is an energy plan-

1. EXPAND offshore oil drilling
2. Allow drilling in ANWAR
3. EXPAND NUCLEAR
4. EXPAND Coal production

Use a 5% tax on the above directed to INFRASTRUCTURE development of wind or solar. Then, and only then, will there be a significant production of alternative energy in the US.

If we listened to liberals, we never would have accomplished anything, as the race to the moon would have been abandoned due to accidents and "the new world" would have never been discovered by Columbus due to previous shipwrecks.

If you want to make an omlette, you have to break a few eggs. If you want heating, air conditioning, and gasoline- grow up and accept that there will be accidents.

BTW- Where the hell has the Obama adminitration been during all of this, speaking of liberals?

Old 05-22-2010, 07:29 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,658,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's this very acceptance that has brought us to where we are today. If everyone thought as you do, we would never have any energy alternatives or research and development in these fields. Necessity is the mother of invention and when you have a so called "accident" of this magnitude, I'd venture to say that getting off of oil quckly is a necessity. Do you not understand that this is wreaking havoc on an eco system and economy that cannot sustain "accidents" such as this?
Please explain how we are to live without oil?
How will food get into the cities?
How will our military defend our country?
The countries with oil will blow us off of the map but we will be saving the envoirment after all of the smoke clears.
Please give a plan.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:08 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Please explain how we are to live without oil?
How will food get into the cities?
How will our military defend our country?
The countries with oil will blow us off of the map but we will be saving the envoirment after all of the smoke clears.
Please give a plan.
You totally missed the point.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:16 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You totally missed the point.
I am interested too. How???

Old 05-22-2010, 03:55 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,237,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

If a nuclear reactor blew up and you lived within 50 miles of the blast radius would you still hold these silly excuses or beliefs? Energy is dirty? Accidents happen? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl
Yeah, energy is dirty, even in other countries.

Chernobyl disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Accident or incident?
How about human error? Now that's my liberal point of view.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times

YouTube - Rand Paul's Crazy BP Oil Spill Comments

Old 05-22-2010, 08:20 PM

26,228 posts, read 49,085,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Rand Paul on Gulf spill: "Accidents happen" | Naked Politics

I think it's part of this sort of blame-game society in the sense that it's always got to be somebody's fault instead of the fact that maybe sometimes accidents happen,' Paul said."

The BP natural disaster is a man made accident that could've been prevented. Ron Paul is the "accident that happened".
Yeah, I was just going to say the same thing, that Rand Paul is THE accident, like G. W. Bush was an accident that wrecked our nation. Like the old saying goes, 'strong father - weak son.'

We should note that a week after the oil rig sank in the gulf, that a gas rig sank off the coast of Venezuela, yeah, THAT Venezuela, the one we love to hate. All 92 men made it off safely, no fire, no explosion, and THEIR blowout preventer WORKED. Some accident.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:05 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,210,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Rand Paul on Gulf spill: "Accidents happen" | Naked Politics

I think it's part of this sort of blame-game society in the sense that it's always got to be somebody's fault instead of the fact that maybe sometimes accidents happen,' Paul said."

The BP natural disaster is a man made accident that could've been prevented. Ron Paul is the "accident that happened".
funny thing that, it's generally the liberal environmentalists (al gore, di caprio, clooney, diaz) who consume the most jet fuel and those priuses don't exactly run on daisies either. i live in the uk and whenever i meet other americans on this side of the pond they're generally lefties who like to like to expose their kids to european culture, EVERY summer. then they moan about rednecks who drive big trucks but have never left their own state.

the bp spill while tragic, needs a little perspective. oil naturally seeps into the ocean where it breaks down naturally. if bp was negligent, they should be sued jointly by everyone who's suffered loss because of the spill and they should fit the bill for the entire cleanup. it is worth considering that accidents do happen though

Old 05-23-2010, 01:30 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,461,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"BP didn't have"?

Up to this point, did any oil company have such a contingency plan? I think not.
Earth to hawkeye2009: THAT'S THE FREAKING PROBLEM.

And I notice that nowhere in your plan does it say "DEVELOP VIABLE EMERGENCY RESPONSE TECHNOLOGIES BEFORE EXPANDING DRILLING". How telling.

What is it with you and this jackass attitude of "I'm too macho for safety"?

A bunch of workers are dead, the entire Gulf of Mexico is now a toxic oil slick, coastlines are becoming contaminated, about to catch the Gulf Stream and wind up on the East coast, we don't even know how to stop it...

...and your attitude is "so what?"

How thoroughly ignorant.

Last edited by ambient; 05-23-2010 at 01:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies