Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:41 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,476 times

Advertisements

The problem is... the current administration is exhaserbating the problem exponentially with astronomical stimulas packages, bailouts, and job market killing bills.
Now...fast-foward ten years and look back at what this administration accomplished?
My guess is you'll also see major social welfare reforms, US citizens taxed to a limit that prevents financial success, and countless millions of amnestied new 'Americans".
Bush will look like a choir boy against BO in this race to the bottom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 10:01 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
what people????

the fact is this has been going on for years... and just keeps getting worse with each admin

do you not think that Clinton (thru HUD Cisneros/coumo) easing the rules for mortgages didnt cause the housing bubble?????

No I don't, had this caused the problem we would have seen foreclosures starting in the 90's. Then with a steady increase all the way up until it collapsed. That's not what happened the mortgages that caused the problem were written from 2003 -2007. Tell me what changed in 2003?

Quote:
. do you not think his CUTTING of the infrastructure (government...clinton was closer to a republican than bush was) caused problems like by cutting the DOT we had bridges falling down..
You're not going to get away with that. The Fed had matching funds for roads and bridges. Same as they always did, the key word there is matching. Gov. Murderer in Minnesota refused to match the funds due to his no new tax pledge. It got so bad in Minnesota that the voters raised taxes on themselves to fix the roads and bridges. Now Gov. Murderer flies around the state bragging about the road projects he's getting done.

Quote:
by cutting the VA/army..we had walter reed not being able to handle the war vets...
The question is do you need to fund the the VA at the same rate during peace time as you do during war time? Why was the Republican congress unable to see difference?

Quote:
...by cutting the dept of interor,,we have mine failures....
Please explain why the mine companies would not be responsible.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:29 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
All meat supplied by you and your constant refusal to see any fault in your hero while continuing to blame every thing bad that you can on Bush, without supplying proof of your accusations.

Didn't say that. You may want to actually read the article.

Even you should be able to comprehend that statement.
You wound me, no--really, wound...me...

Old 04-29-2010, 11:12 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Considering the recession began in 2006 while the GOP was large and in charge an had been for the past 6.5 years, I find it interesting that there are still people out there who blame the current administration for the global meltdown.

The Fix - It's the (Bush) economy, stupid

It's the (Bush) economy, stupid

A new Washington Post/ABC poll suggests that most Americans continue to blame the sluggish economy on former President George W. Bush, a development that could complicate Republican efforts to lay it at President Barack Obama's feet this fall.

Nearly six in ten (59 percent) of those polled said that Bush was to blame for the current state of the economy while 25 percent put the blame on Obama.

While those blaming Obama has risen from a July 2009 Post/ABC survey when 16 percent said the economy was his fault, the number of people blaming Bush is virtually unchanged -- 61 percent in July 2009 as compared to 59 percent now.
So I can assume that any improvement in the economy can be based on actions taken by the Bush administration aswell?

Old 04-29-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
So I can assume that any improvement in the economy can be based on actions taken by the Bush administration aswell?

Well, what exactly did Bush do to improve the economy, except of course denying there was a recession until it became painfully obvious.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:16 AM

90 posts, read 123,714 times
just like liberals to continue to blame someone that was president 1.4 years ago. yet when Bush supporters say 9-11 was partially Clinton's fault since Bush was only in office for 8 months they are hell bent on placing 100% of the blame on Bush. oh well.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy1427 View Post
just like liberals to continue to blame someone that was president 1.4 years ago. yet when Bush supporters say 9-11 was partially Clinton's fault since Bush was only in office for 8 months they are hell bent on placing 100% of the blame on Bush. oh well.

Funny, I didn't mention 9/11. But thanks for playing.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Well, what exactly did Bush do to improve the economy, except of course denying there was a recession until it became painfully obvious.
Bailouts started under Bush. Not Obama.

That right there might just have been the thing that got the turn around in motion.

You are ready to give him credit right? Just as much as you want to place all of the blame on his administration?

Old 04-29-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy1427 View Post

Liberal mentality = Heads I win, Tails you lose

Throw in a little victim mentality, a dash of empathy, stir it all together and BAM! Progressives.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 AM

90 posts, read 123,714 times
Quote:
Funny, I didn't mention 9/11. But thanks for playing.
did i say that you did? nice try junior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies