Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:02 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,996,804 times

Advertisements

There is no such thing as the Bush Economy.... I an sorry to say that too. The bucket was kicked on 04 not 06..... Clinton did this and GWB was too stupid to fix it.

8 years of clintoon, 8 more by the class clown, and now 4 with Zero.... we'er doomed.

it was 04 when the first unrealistic property value raced across the nation... i was there.

I was looking at a 1930's cottage one day listed at 33,000, and the next with out so much as a new nail at 165,000.

I took a walk... Now some sucker bought it, and owes way more than it is worth.

It didn't need a new nail anyway, what it needed was a D-8 dozer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 11:48 AM

32,833 posts, read 19,530,254 times
I know the feeling,,,the same house that realtors said woulnt even fetch 125k in 1994 went for 500k in 2005

Old 04-30-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I know the feeling,,,the same house that realtors said woulnt even fetch 125k in 1994 went for 500k in 2005

The problem now is that same house might be worth that 125K if that... Someone is up to his eyeballs in debt..

No matter what they do they loose money.

Clintons bubble is bursting around us as we type... he got rich, but then left the rest of the people to hang.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
The problem now is that same house might be worth that 125K if that... Someone is up to his eyeballs in debt..

No matter what they do they loose money.

Clintons bubble is bursting around us as we type... he got rich, but then left the rest of the people to hang.
not really ...it has dropped...but not far enough yet....average here is down to 350k-375k...still unaffordable for the average working class person

Old 04-30-2010, 01:33 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,802,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
When a new CEO is hired, he is not allowed to be blaming the former CEO over and over a year into his job.

Especially if he campaigned hard cuz he wanted that position .
I've yet to hear sober disciplined criticism of his actual job performance. The reason the economy's trouble was underestimated to the press was to protect the interests of America. When share holder reports are written as such to offset potential panic that would exacerbate a bad situation, no one screams bloody murder or introduces heavy handed watchdog legislation.

We were then, and continue to be, in treacherous water financially. Congress does not have the power to change it's own organization of institutionalized corruption. Neither does the executive branch have the power. That petition can only come from we the people.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
There is no such thing as the Bush Economy.... I an sorry to say that too. The bucket was kicked on 04 not 06..... Clinton did this and GWB was too stupid to fix it.

8 years of clintoon, 8 more by the class clown, and now 4 with Zero.... we'er doomed.

it was 04 when the first unrealistic property value raced across the nation... i was there.

I was looking at a 1930's cottage one day listed at 33,000, and the next with out so much as a new nail at 165,000.

I took a walk... Now some sucker bought it, and owes way more than it is worth.

It didn't need a new nail anyway, what it needed was a D-8 dozer.
FYI that first wave happened in NY under Reaganomics. That's the housing bubbles experiemental first draft, and a huge reason why NY'rs revoked their support of Reagan despite voting him into office. They got horribly burned 100 ways to sunday, and the second & third bubbles generated only illustrated how wrong headed forces have taken over the GOP philosophy.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not really ...it has dropped...but not far enough yet....average here is down to 350k-375k...still unaffordable for the average working class person
When the majority requiring housing make 60k a year, how is capitalism working if developers are building McMansions for a decade?

Deregulation allowed them to end run around the local community better interest, and deregulation allowed outside investors who had no vested interest in maintaining a standard of living those communities enjoyed.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
When the majority requiring housing make 60k a year, how is capitalism working if developers are building McMansions for a decade?

Deregulation allowed them to end run around the local community better interest, and deregulation allowed outside investors who had no vested interest in maintaining a standard of living those communities enjoyed.
ummm...harborlady....I am not talking about Mcmansions

I am talking about BASIC small houses on TINY postage stamp properties

the SPECIFIC house I am talking about was a 100 yr old colonial farm house , 1400sf 3 bedrooms (1 bedroom was super tiny) 1-1/2 bath , with radiator (oil/steam) heat, no ac, on a 50x100 property, with old windows..... the price in 1994...... 125k.....in 2005 with NO CHANGES......491k

Old 04-30-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
FYI that first wave happened in NY under Reaganomics. That's the housing bubbles experiemental first draft, and a huge reason why NY'rs revoked their support of Reagan despite voting him into office. They got horribly burned 100 ways to sunday, and the second & third bubbles generated only illustrated how wrong headed forces have taken over the GOP philosophy.
actually the first wave happened in 1989...under a democrat congress

Old 04-30-2010, 01:55 PM

harborlady, Reaganomics never made it to NH, neither did Clintoons.... Not really other than after he was gone did it have a costing impact.

I voted for bill the first time, but by the 2nd time i knew he was just another common liar.

working class hero, Well, al I can say is that the cottage will never be worth any 165,000 ever. You do understand what i mean by a D-8 right? That is a bull dozer..

The land lot was small....

i am not into trusting govt, no matter how big it gets.. NH folk just don't.

I figure Term Limits should help, and a few other laws to equalize congress.. Like paying taxes for starters... No for life pass go and get out of jail card top, and nothing for life...

Once it was an honor to be a public servant, and when the task was done you went home to work.. These high class fools think work means passing several new laws every day. It really is a sin they can't do anything but talk and steal money.

I don't mind that money part much, since there is NO Money. The last real paper money was printed in 1957 and i still have a silver cert to prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies