Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 01:58 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,690,242 times

Advertisements

For sometime now I have come to the conclusion the problems in these ideologies and those who identify with them.

Progressives in nature believe schools and any media outlet is a chance to impress young minds and average Americans with a "social experiment"
That social experiment is nothing more then the thought that multi-cultural and economic "fairness" is needed to obtain freedom.
They have taken over schools the media and generally push the idea that everyone can get along as long as we SHARE in the pain.
Economically they don't like to see anyone get ahead unless it was given via a government program. Progressives ideology is flawed in that they think you can only have social freedom if economic freedom is taken from others to support the cause. Of course this all done with the government and via force. Keep in mind progressives can not be confused with those who support gay marriage and civil rights. Civil rights has nothing to do with progressives or conservatives they have their views but is not really a part of its ideology. Progressives are can't be called liberals because liberals even what to keep their money that they have earned just their tax dollars invested in other places. Liberals who are for environmental controls and global warming taxes for many reasons have latched on to a ideology. Really its nothing more then more economic controls for the progressive system. Progressives no only a few things

1. Tax everyone until we all share the economic burden
2. Government will lay the taxes and support anything you need and or want.
3. Anyone who wants to keep the money they earn is considered, selfish, and greedy and will be outcast in the media and driven into the minds of those who support the cause.

A progressive is a danger to individual economic liberty and personal choices and any business that would find success on making a company grow.

Conservative (neocon)

Conservatives (neo-conservatives) Woodrow Wilson, Dick Chenney, George Bush types generally are corporate and military supporters. They generally believe in order to make the world safe for democracy we have to be involved in everything. They have no problem paying for this so called freedom with borrowed money, our blood and believe in nation building. Bill Clinton also tried this ideology with Bosnia and Somalia. Neo-conservatives have religious bias and generally willing to write laws that support religious groups, beliefs and or any other pressures from the voting block. These type of conservatives believe in low taxes but generally have no issues with spending money, growing the government and expanded the welfare state. This can also be seen in other times of war when some democrats and republicans were in office and if you looked at the ideology would be considered neocons. A neocon CAN be a democrat or a republican. Neo-cons claim to be for individual liberty as long as they can tell you what that is. Example neo-cons will never legalize drugs, and or let gays marry. Its not because they care really but keeps the government in control and supports the welfare and warfare state.

Both the progressives and conservatives have a few things in common.
They need a powerful government to use force to empower themselves.
Economic controls over people, which leads to social controls.
A nation in debt is a nation in decline and grows the need for higher taxes.
This idealogy has given us the UN and enough power to be in 130 countries and 700 bases using the ideology to bring about social justice in with the face of Democracy.

Neither of these groups are liberal or traditional conservatives. Progressives and Neocons are groups designed to control the masses controlled by corporations and looking to expand the power of government over every social and economic choice in our lives.
They are in no way interested in individual liberty, economic liberty or social liberty.

Here are some names of those who I would consider influences in the party's who are neocons and progressives

Obama - Progressive (neo-con ideas)
Mitt Romney - Neo-Con
Nancy Pelosi - Progressive
John McCain - Neo-con
George Bush Sr and Jr- Neo-Cons
John Kerry - Progressive
Bill Clinton - Neo-con
Hillary Clinton - Progressive
Sarah Palin - Neo-con

Not progressive and not a neocon

RON PAUL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 02:01 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,798,305 times
Yet another confused individual who thinks George Bush and other so-called "neocons", are conservative.

(yawn)

Such a waste of bandwidth......

BTW, an actual neocon, is a liberal who joined the Republican party, in case you were wondering.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:06 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,308,476 times
A neo-conservative would be someone who is apologetic about, say, a Rudy Giuliani. Rudy is anti-gun and pro-abortion, a control freak, and a super duper fan of the traitor act. Yet, because he appears "tough" on terrorism, he's liked by many a RINO.

YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters

Old 04-20-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Yet another confused individual who thinks George Bush and other so-called "neocons", are conservative.

(yawn)

Such a waste of bandwidth......

BTW, an actual neocon, is a liberal who joined the Republican party, in case you were wondering.
Notice it says conservative (neo-con) next to it.
As far as I'm concerned this wasnt about republicans and the term conservative in the traditional sense. I think you have this idea that republicans actually means "conservative" and for some reason are holding on to that holding for the days when republican actually means "limited government"
Republican is a party not a idealogy.
Besides I think most people of the so called conservative are probably libertarians now anyway being that republicans have no idea who their leadership REALLY IS.
Example why the republicans are taking about sarah palin and mitt romney.
Are they Conservatives or neo-cons!

Old 04-20-2010, 02:10 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,747,508 times
"Progressives" and "Conservatives" are both just plain old authoritarians. Same with the "left" and the "right", "Republican" and "Democrat".

The only group even remotely progressive, in terms of human freedom, are libertarians. (and even they are being infiltrated by "sorta-libertarians" nowadays) You know the ones who are only "libertarians" economically or socially, but not both.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
A neo-conservative would be someone who is apologetic about, say, a Rudy Giuliani. Rudy is anti-gun and pro-abortion, a control freak, and a super duper fan of the traitor act. Yet, because he appears "tough" on terrorism, he's liked by many a RINO.

YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters

I was going to put Rudy on that list but being that we havent heard from him since 2008 I saw no reason too.
But good point.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
"Progressives" and "Conservatives" are both just plain old authoritarians. Same with the "left" and the "right", "Republican" and "Democrat".

The only group even remotely progressive, in terms of human freedom, are libertarians. (and even they are being infiltrated by "sorta-libertarians" nowadays) You know the ones who are only "libertarians" economically or socially, but not both.
I wanted everyone else who was still SANE to come to that conclusion :-)
You know someone who is not interested in controlling everything in the world and in everyones personal life as well.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:16 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,308,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I was going to put Rudy on that list but being that we havent heard from him since 2008 I saw no reason too.
But good point.
Rudy endorsed Grayson just the other day. Another kiss of death (after DICK Cheney's endorsement) and desperation move to gain another RINO neo-con seat, and prevent "looney Rand Paul" from entering the Senate. It's too late for Grayson though; he's getting spanked worse than than my fiancee's nephew after he played with some matches.

Oh yeah, the clip was from 2003 and has been analyzed in depth and is NOT taken out context.

YouTube - Trey Grayson: "Remember, it's the government's money. It's NOT your money."

Old 04-20-2010, 02:18 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,747,508 times
Quote:
I wanted everyone else who was still SANE to come to that conclusion :-)
You know someone who is not interested in controlling everything in the world and in everyones personal life as well.
Not many

That is why I have been simply being free regardless of their silly little rules. Freedom is for those who choose to exercise it. Counter-economics is the only chance that the people have in having any real say in this country of lunatics. Defund the monster...nothing else will do.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:43 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,798,305 times
Quote:
Notice it says conservative (neo-con) next to it.
I noticed. In fact, that's why I replied as I did. Neocons and conservatives have little in common.

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned this wasnt about republicans and the term conservative in the traditional sense.
Oh, so you were making up a new and different version of "conservative"?

I get it - you're playing word games, with no connection to reality!

Why didn't you say so?

Quote:
I think you have this idea that republicans actually means "conservative"
No, I have this idea that "conservative" actually means conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies