Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:39 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,910,910 times

Advertisements

An update from a friend in Oklahoma :

Oklahoma law passed, 37 to 9, had a few liberals in the mix, an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values...! HB 1330

Guess what.......... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Oklahoma recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They all scattered. HB 1804. Hope we didn't send any of them to your state This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Recently we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegals to the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional. SB 1102

Guess what........ Oklahoma did it anyway.

Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives. Joining Texas, Montana and Utah as the only states to do so. More states are likely to follow: Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, the Carolina's, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, West Virginia, Mississippi, Florida. Save your confederate money, it appears the South is about to rise up once again. HJR 1003

The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns. Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a set back for the criminals (and Obamaites). Liberals didn't like it -- But .......

Guess what........... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Just this month, the state has voted and passed a law that ALL driver's license exams will be printed in English, and only English, and no other language. They have been called racist for doing this, but the fact is that ALL of the road signs are in English only. If you want to drive in Oklahoma , you must read and write English. Really simple.

By the way, Obama does not like any of this.

Guess what....who cares... Oklahoma is doing it anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 11:45 AM

857 posts, read 2,011,979 times
Ok, besides the boatload of hearsay, assumptions and opinion ("Pelosi didn't like it", "Obama doesn't like any of this", etc...), I'm going to single out just one of these ridiculous claims - becasue it's one of my all-time favorite neocon strawmen. So fabricated, so false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns. Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a set back for the criminals (and Obamaites). Liberals didn't like it -- But .......

Name one. Just one. Name one bold step the federal government has made to take away your guns.
Please. Enlighten us.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:49 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,482,634 times
Just another crazy RW e-mail:

snopes.com: Update from Oklahoma

Old 04-20-2010, 11:52 AM

47,139 posts, read 26,349,292 times
Quote:
Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives.
So you'll turn down Federal money? Oklahoma gets about $1.30 back for each dollar she pays in Federal taxes - I am certain that any such law would include a flat refusal of any further federal funds. It's a matter of principle, right? (I am sure someone will be by to discuss repayment of all that nice cash Oklahoma has siphoned out of the federal coffers over the last decade or so.)

ETA: Oh, it was a resolution. Nothing binding. Guess the lawmakers judged the gullibility of their backers right on that one.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:56 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,577,160 times
Quote:
Guess what....who cares...
I agree 100% with this part. I couldn't care less.

I'm curious as to when the feds tried to take your guns away? That sounds like a load of bullpuckey.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:02 PM

12,436 posts, read 12,014,147 times
Quote:
An update from a friend in Oklahoma :

Oklahoma law passed, 37 to 9, had a few liberals in the mix, an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values...! HB 1330

Oklahoma recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They all scattered. HB 1804. Hope we didn't send any of them to your state This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Recently we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegals to the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional. SB 1102

Guess what........ Oklahoma did it anyway.

Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives. Joining Texas, Montana and Utah as the only states to do so. More states are likely to follow: Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, the Carolina's, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, West Virginia, Mississippi, Florida. Save your confederate money, it appears the South is about to rise up once again. HJR 1003

Just this month, the state has voted and passed a law that ALL driver's license exams will be printed in English, and only English, and no other language. They have been called racist for doing this, but the fact is that ALL of the road signs are in English only. If you want to drive in Oklahoma , you must read and write English. Really simple.

By the way, Obama does not like any of this.

Guess what....who cares... Oklahoma is doing it anyway.
Friends don't let friends live in Oklahoma.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:29 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,138,939 times
More hysteria and fabrications. Well, what can you expect...of wingers and Oklahoma!

Old 04-20-2010, 12:29 PM

37,218 posts, read 42,537,829 times
Didn't I get a chain email like this about 8 months ago? Someone is low on the contacts list...

Old 04-20-2010, 12:38 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,138,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Didn't I get a chain email like this about 8 months ago? Someone is low on the contacts list...

LOL! Ouch.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:46 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,712,171 times
This is what is known as state rights. In fact often that is a good thing as long as it doesnt violate the constitution and listed in the constitution having a sloagon or anything else on the state capital building is fine. I am sure not everyone will like it but that is why we vote and can later have it removed. I see no reason people have to push to have the 10 commandments on anything in this country. Its in the bible and that is where it belongs and in the hearts and minds of individuals not on a building. If you have to vote on putting religious idealogy on government buildings I question the judgement of the system we have.

The problem with government is to many people make it the center point for social, religious and economic control.
Which is just what the founders knew and tried their best to balance the powers and set the BILL OF RIGHTS to stop the groups of people trying to control others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies