Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why is Obama the first target of the presidential birthers?
He's brown and his name just don't sound right 51 76.12%
Something else (explain) 16 23.88%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 12:10 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,228,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
move on already, how dead does the horse have to be before you guys stop beating it?

lots of dead horse programs are active in goverment these days, and i do not see republicans or democrats wanting to get rid of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 12:23 PM

90,296 posts, read 120,991,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
Your records are public knowledge! I can look up where and when anyone was born - its public record.
School records have to be requested and once requested they are delivered. Scholarships and grants - depending on the organization - those records are also public knowledge. Transcripts are not hard to get - for anyone!

Since there have been court cases to RELEASE these records.. Birth Certificates, college records, passports, etc.... This went up in front of the Supreme Court....

Why not ask yourself... why would the courts up throught he supreme court not release them?

I'm not arguing the fact he is or isn't a natural born citizen... But I find it interesting that his records are sealed and the courts won't rule in favor of releasing them... I'm also disgusted that many people have to call people names for considering this a legitimate issue based on the constitution of the United States. People have to resort to name calling because they don't agree with an issue or look into it themselves?
Birth records are not public knowledge. You cannot ask for the birth certificate of anyone else other than yourself or a minor child with few exceptions. Wanting to know where someone was born is not one of these exceptions.

No reputable school will release records including transcripts to anyone without authorization of the student. My daughter recently had to fax a request for a transcript to a college she attended b/c they needed her signature.

Nothing about Obama's citizenship has gone to the SCOTUS.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
2 things.

1st. the original birthers came from the democrat party, not the republicans.

2nd. when the other presidents were asked for the birth certificates they were given up readily, not hidden behind a smoke screen. maybe barrack hussein obama is afraid of something that will be found.
Which other presidents posted a BC? I'm dying to know. In order of chronology,

President Abrahma Lincoln-Numerous rumors about his parentage, but apparently no questions about him being born in the US. Did he show a BC?

President Chester Arthur-Rumors persist to this day that he was born in Canada. Did he show a BC?

President Gerald Ford-Born Leslie King, Jr in Omaha, Nebraska. Name was changed to Gerald Rudolff Ford by his mother and stepfather (also Gerald Rudoff Ford) when he was 2 1/2, but G. Ford, Sr. never legally adopted him. Ford did not legally change his name until 1935, at age 22, and he spelled his middle name differently when he changed it. Did he ever show a birth certificate to prove that Gerald Rudolf Ford was actually the former Leslie King, Jr?

There is this crazy belief by birthers that each and every other presidential candidate whose citizenship was questioned immediately whipped out an original copy of his/her BC, singed with a fountain pen.

Quote:
strange, I remember a copy, but not the original. heck, to apply for my job I have now, I had to supply the original, not a copy. seems that to be potus you should have to do the same.

to me it isnt an issue, there was the news clipping of him being born in the early 60's, and the newspapers would have had to be in collusion back then if something was wrong. I just do not see what the birthers see.

the problem I have is that he just does not want his records being shown to anyone, and that in itself casts some doubt.
An "original" is considered any document from the appropriate office with a seal. The real original signed in ink may have been destroyed after a certain # of years. I don't know exactly how these county clerk offices operate, but obviously they can't keep paper copes of every birth certificate since whenever. They have to put them on microfiche or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
1) It was Clinton who first questioned if Obama was qualified.
2) Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Kennedy, Nixon was all clearly born in the USA
3) Obama held dual citizenship with Kenya until he was 23, the others listed did not
4) Obama did not attend school in america
5) Many questioned if McCain was classified as "natural born", its not just Obama..
1) That's what I heard, too, although in a different way.

2) Clearly? Have YOU seen their BCs?

3) How do you know the others did not have any dual citizenships?

4) Obama was sent back to the US at age 10, after which he attended school in Hawaii. He lived with his maternal grandparents. He graduated from high school in Hawaii.

5J) The senate passed a resolution making McCain a NBC. They would have done the same for Obama, had it been necessary.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:04 PM

18,421 posts, read 19,075,680 times
Quote:
lots of dead horse programs are active in goverment these days, and i do not see republicans or democrats wanting to get rid of them.
"programs" that don't work are way different than the facts supported by the law of the land. as far as a democrat or republican wanting to get rid of them....I would wager a guess that there isn't a democrat around that believes obama isn't a US citizen. it is a dead horse issue that a few conspiracy crack pots want to believe. heck I would also venture a guess that there is a good percentage of birther's that don't believe he isn't a citizen either,but keep up the facade because they just don't like the POTUS. figuring this is just one more thing to add to the lit. something else to add to their superficial outrage

Old 04-18-2010, 01:49 PM

46 posts, read 40,801 times
the reason the birthers exist for the National Embarassment is because, unlike all previous candidates, he refuses to produce his birth certificate. What he did provide was the Hawaiian pro-forma birth certificate that anyone can be by merely applying for it with an assertion, vouched for by one relative, that you were born there and when. Anyone can get one. The real birth certificate (frrom HI or anywhere else) has yet to be produced, and over $1M has been spent to avoid producing it.

Now you know the rest of the story.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
heres some food for thought... whether you believe or not that Obama is a US citizen

Why has he gone through SO much expense and trouble to seal ALL his records - passport records, college records, etc....?

Do you know you have to show proof of citenship to get a Passport - is his passport a United Kingdom, Kenyan, Indian or US? Does his college records show he enrolled as a US citizen or as a foreign student? His financing for education..... foreign students can get more educatinal grants/scholarships then US citizens.....

And it matters because its CONSTITUTIONAL! Unless you FEEL that it doesn't matter, then I guess we could throw out the Amendment 13??? (i'll let you look that one up)... While your looking - read Amendment 14...

You can't pick and choose which parts of the constitution you FEEL are important to your feelings... It's the very backbone and foundation our country was founded on.
Amen

Old 04-18-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymaru View Post
the reason the birthers exist for the National Embarassment is because, unlike all previous candidates, he refuses to produce his birth certificate. What he did provide was the Hawaiian pro-forma birth certificate that anyone can be by merely applying for it with an assertion, vouched for by one relative, that you were born there and when. Anyone can get one. The real birth certificate (frrom HI or anywhere else) has yet to be produced, and over $1M has been spent to avoid producing it.

Now you know the rest of the story.
That is a crock of BS! The gov. of HI vouched for the BC. And please provide links for all the other candidates' BCs.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
he was born at Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children
Don't you wish there was evidence of that. A birth certificate (real one, not the pro-forma one already produced that ANYONE can get), would be nice, don't you think. Instead, over a million is spent to hide it.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Which other presidents/candidates released a birth certificate? Obama released his, whether you choose to believe it or not.
That is simply not true. What he produced was a pro-forma certificant ANYONE can get by the mere act of applying for it with a relative to vouch for you.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
strange, I remember a copy, but not the original. heck, to apply for my job I have now, I had to supply the original, not a copy. seems that to be potus you should have to do the same.

to me it isnt an issue, there was the news clipping of him being born in the early 60's, and the newspapers would have had to be in collusion back then if something was wrong. I just do not see what the birthers see.

the problem I have is that he just does not want his records being shown to anyone, and that in itself casts some doubt.
Not only was it a copy, but it was the pro-forma version that ANYONE can get. Real birth certificats show date and time, weight, attending physician. Look at yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies