Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 05:33 PM

337 posts, read 666,833 times

Advertisements

I have never voted in my entire life, mostly cause I used to think my vote would never matter.

I can write for days here on what's wrong. I'd rather write about how to make it all right.

Americans no longer want to hear it was the other guys fault, we understand and know things were screwed when Obama got into office.

Those of us w/ our heads on straight also realize that this economy mess is even to big for Govts to fix, that it simply has to play it's self out.

We want things to start changing. For every law that's passed to curtail or place controls on the financial institutions that largely contributed to the economic collapse, there are as many if not double the ways in loop holes for them to get their money in other ways, or lash out at Americans in other fashions.

We want the illegal war in Iraq to come to an end like Yesterday. Many of us expected that to be one of the first things completed when he got into office, and it's time it happened.

We want the past administration to be informed that their prior acts will at the right time be investigated.

We want free health care for the poor and disabled, and elderly, or those unable to afford their own. W/ no strings attached, like the current bill.

What most Americans who voted for the first time such as myself, or came out of the wood work to vote don't want is for OBama's Presidency to be remembered as the President was all talk and no bite, we can't have it nor can the African American community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 06:20 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,497,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post
I have never voted in my entire life, mostly cause I used to think my vote would never matter.

I can write for days here on what's wrong. I'd rather write about how to make it all right.

Americans no longer want to hear it was the other guys fault, we understand and know things were screwed when Obama got into office.

Those of us w/ our heads on straight also realize that this economy mess is even to big for Govts to fix, that it simply has to play it's self out.

We want things to start changing. For every law that's passed to curtail or place controls on the financial institutions that largely contributed to the economic collapse, there are as many if not double the ways in loop holes for them to get their money in other ways, or lash out at Americans in other fashions.

We want the illegal war in Iraq to come to an end like Yesterday. Many of us expected that to be one of the first things completed when he got into office, and it's time it happened.

We want the past administration to be informed that their prior acts will at the right time be investigated.

We want free health care for the poor and disabled, and elderly, or those unable to afford their own. W/ no strings attached, like the current bill.

What most Americans who voted for the first time such as myself, or came out of the wood work to vote don't want is for OBama's Presidency to be remembered as the President was all talk and no bite, we can't have it nor can the African American community.
I thought you said you never voted in your life; then you said you voted for Obama.

You blame the former administration, yet fail to hold this one accountable. But this administration has done nothing to "fix" the situation and everything to make it worse.

There is no such thing as "free health care" for anybody. Sombody pays for it.

War in Iraq, "Illegal"? Explain. You are just another anti-war, anti-Bush activist. Who are you kidding?

Was 9-11 an attack on the U.S. or wasn't it? Should we have responded, or not? Oh, yeah...right...Iraq didn't attack us. We went there for the Oil, huh?

Sorry. You're busted.

Go peddle your lies elsewhere.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:30 PM

2,196 posts, read 2,007,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I thought you said you never voted in your life; then you said you voted for Obama.

You blame the former administration, yet fail to hold this one accountable. But this administration has done nothing to "fix" the situation and everything to make it worse.

War in Iraq, "Illegal"? Explain. You are just another anti-war, anti-Bush activist. Who are you kidding?

Was 9-11 an attack on the U.S. or wasn't it? Should we have responded, or not? Oh, yeah...right...Iraq didn't attack us. We went there for the Oil, huh?

Sorry. You're busted.

nononsenseguy !!! ... BRAVO !

Good job of nipping this mess of at the bud !

Case Closed ! Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 04-17-2010, 06:31 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,144,825 times
My change is in my pocket. Where's yours?

Old 04-17-2010, 06:33 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,570,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Sorry. You're busted.

Thanks again nononsenseguy, if you would not have said this, i would have, we think alike. Some act ignorant and act as if 9-11 never ever happened. You dang straight that somebody will be paying for Health Care. Your dang straight that this current administration, is going to push us over the end. And some never saw it coming.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:34 PM

214 posts, read 131,924 times
Your change belongs to China.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 85,090,989 times
I'm no fool thinking the government is going to hand everything to me on a silver platter while I sit and wait. I'm also no fool thinking the government can spend and not want to tax me more.
I'm also no fool in thinking a bloated central government can run any program within it's budget nevermind bring a profit.

Oh there will be a recovery alright, but not to what we had in the past.
Get your house in order while there is time and be ready for it.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,497,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
And Obama is trying to get you to cough that up too. He doesn't want to leave you with one spare dime!

Old 04-17-2010, 06:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,570,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
nononsenseguy !!! ... BRAVO !

Good job of nipping this mess of at the bud !

Case Closed ! Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
Absoutely agree with you Lamar, tried to rep you both, but you know the drill, they won't let me, bummer i tried.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:37 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,552,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I am afraid it is in the Presidents pocket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies