Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:15 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,448,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
when, and a a big when, I get a tax break, without all the other taxes going up to make up for the shortfall, i will come on here saying I got a tax break. until then i dont plan on holding my breath waiting for a non existent tax break.
Don't watch Fox today because they keep playing Obama making his speech to his choir yesterday where he said that the Tea Bag people keep demonstrating against taxes and they should be thanking him. Once again, he is talking only about income taxes, like his supporters here are doing, and they are lapping it up like they liked it.

Wait till the Congress gets its preliminary tax for Crap and Tax going. The 15 cent per gallon on road fuels. I wonder how many of these people will realize that the increases in charges for food and clothing have been caused by this fuel tax raise. Truckers pass their fuel tax on to retailers and they pass it on to consumers. We also get to pay the 15 cents on every gallon of fuel we use.

Sometimes I think a three pound sledge hammer might get these things across to Obama supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 11:58 AM

47,525 posts, read 70,077,841 times
The bad thing is, the government dependent types of course believe there are not enough taxes being paid by the hard working taxpayers and they don't believe they should have to tighten their belts ever but want more and more and more. 47% may be those receiving the taxpayer's money and that number is very likely growing. What happens when the government dependents outnumber those having to pay for everything? What happens when the last straw is added to those who pay and they can't take it anymore?

Old 04-18-2010, 12:14 PM

16,828 posts, read 15,287,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think there is a chance that you are talking to the wall although you have explained the facts very well. I used to feel like I was talking to the four walls in my classroom and think you are doing it here. These people want to think about nothing but taxes on income.

I know, but the only people I can figure that want higher taxes are the people that already make millions/billions or the ones currently getting entitlements from the goverment. because no one in their right mind that currently pays taxes wants to have the goverment take more out of their pocket to help pay more for someone already on goverment subsidies.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,448,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I know, but the only people I can figure that want higher taxes are the people that already make millions/billions or the ones currently getting entitlements from the goverment. because no one in their right mind that currently pays taxes wants to have the goverment take more out of their pocket to help pay more for someone already on goverment subsidies.
But I am one of those on those "subsidies" you mentioned. I still pay SS taxes on my part time jobs and like all others on SS I get to pay over 1/10th of my SS check to Medicare. Now some tell me that those two things are entitlements but I have been paying into SS for about 62 years so I don't see it that way.

Anyway, I do not want to see more income taxes so I guess I would be in that 66% and can't understand who could be in the 25% other than those who get a refund because of "earned income credit" who have paid in nothing. The problem is that that group is growing, year by year, and one day there will be more of them than the rest of us and then where will the progressives get their money to redistribute.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:14 AM

76,959 posts, read 48,068,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe there are some numbers here that might make some wonder just what the people think is going on. Some great information comparing what voters think to what the political class think.

One of the better facts here is that 94% of Tea Party people think that we are overtaxed and only 1% of them disagree. Hmmmmmmmm. I guess I am one of them, the larger group, that is.

66% Say America Is Overtaxed - Rasmussen Reports™
Someone ask the tea partiers how they plan to pay off the debt if we don't tax people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies