Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:03 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,510,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
If this is indeed the case, then what exactly is it about the Tea Party that attracts these race-baiters in the first place?
I don't know who you are talking about.

Are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton attending Tea Partys?

You gotts give me some names before I could even attempt to answer that.

Doesn't really matter anyway. You aren't one the let get facts in the way. You got your mind made up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM

533 posts, read 318,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You mean those 2 over there?

Silence does not mean acceptance, it means ignore them and they will go away. Why put the spotlight on them and do what they want you to do?
that is the most absurd "logic" I've ever read on the Internet, and that's saying a lot. LOL LOL

yep, just keep quiet about neo-nazis and they'll go away too. oh my god! what in the world would make you think that ignoring white supremacists would make them go away?

Last edited by HummerLuvr; 04-15-2010 at 03:16 PM..

Old 04-15-2010, 03:09 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,226,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
I don't even know what you are talking about.

But being a gangster is not a function of race.

Being born in Kenya is not a function of race.

Most commies are white, but again, communism is not a function of race.

If people at these events have said these things it still isn't about race.
Being born in Kenya is a function of ethnicity and nationality, and many people often confuse both with race. What do any of those things mentioned have to do with taxes? Why on earth would someone who is against high taxes call Obama a gangster or claim that his parents abandoned him? Do tell

Old 04-15-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Because we understand that if you keep paying attention to them they will continue to make fools of themselves. Ignore them when they speak, put them in their place when they act outside normal social standards and soon they will either leave us all alone or just disband totally.

Keep pointing and screaming and just like a little child they will realize they just need to keep doing what they are doing to get your attention.
more "logic" I see. LOL of course you know that david duke and his pals have been working hard over the past few years to change the "image" of white supremacists, which means that the last thing they would do is make fools of themselves. The "new image" of the white natioanlist - white supremacist is that of the local Rotary club. The internet has unearthed a whole new bunch of white racists who for years were "in the closet" but now have found so many new friends.

This is something you can't have "both ways." You have to stand up AGAINST the white supremacists, or your silence helps them. that simple. maybe their $$$$ helps local teaparty groups?

Old 04-15-2010, 03:25 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,244,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
I don't know who you are talking about.

Are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton attending Tea Partys?

You gotts give me some names before I could even attempt to answer that.

Doesn't really matter anyway. You aren't one the let get facts in the way. You got your mind made up.
You know exactly what I'm talking about. But don't worry about it. I'll take your evasiveness as simply an instance of willful ignorance on your part.

Thanks for playing.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
You know exactly what I'm talking about.
No, I don't.

You say race baiters yet you give zero examples.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:31 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,195,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Why is the Tea Party silent about white supremacist groups?
Does the Tea Party support them?
Why alienate potential participants?

Old 04-15-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Being born in Kenya is a function of ethnicity and nationality, and many people often confuse both with race. What do any of those things mentioned have to do with taxes? Why on earth would someone who is against high taxes call Obama a gangster or claim that his parents abandoned him? Do tell
Have any of the people that give speeches at these events talked about Obama being born in Kenya?

Liberals always say Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh are the leaders of the Tea Party. None of them believe he was born in Kenya.

I don't know why people would call him a gangster. I'm still trying to figure out why people said George Bush was a Nazi.

Maybe they think that by raising taxes the feds are stealing money. Like a gangster. That could be a possibilty.

Why do people think that Bush was working with the oil companies to raise energy prices. Yet, the same people are silent when Obama says he is going to raise energy prices? "Necessarily skyrocket" I believe he said.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by visvaldis View Post
why alienate potential participants?
lol

Old 04-15-2010, 03:41 PM

487 posts, read 636,972 times
Because the Teabaggers implicitly agree with them, they just know that acknowledging it is bad publicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies