Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:15 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,301,225 times

Advertisements

I for one welcome our Pravda, er I mean free press.

White House to media--'Don't report what you discover'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,082,526 times
Obama is giving them unprecented access into his everyday life. If he agreed to that I couldn't imagine he has too much to hide.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:29 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
This is my favorite part:
Quote:
Did the CIA use Barack Obama as an operative during the late 1970s and early 80s due to the fact that he knew the language of those in the middle of wars involving the USSR, as well as those engaged in terrorism against the United States, in Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan? Did he discover something during those years that he is now holding over the heads of certain persons in the U.S. government?

Old 04-05-2010, 09:34 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,040,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This is my favorite part:
Priceless!

Old 04-05-2010, 09:46 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
I'm curious about the resume part. I haven't heard anything about that.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Late 70s? In his late teens? I didn't know the CIA hired them that young.

There have been lots of things we didn't know about lots of presidents: FDR's wheelchair, JFK's Addison's disease and his womanizing, etc, etc, etc.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:55 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,301,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Late 70s? In his late teens? I didn't know the CIA hired them that young.

There have been lots of things we didn't know about lots of presidents: FDR's wheelchair, JFK's Addison's disease and his womanizing, etc, etc, etc.
Then don't offer so much openness into Obama's life. You can't have it both ways.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:59 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
There was a time when reporters would report relevant facts and leave out personal tidbits. Part of it was respect, part of it was acknowledging a right to privacy, part of it was to keep things on topic. We don't value those things anymore, and they doesn't sell newspapers or earn high ratings.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:02 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,932,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Obama is giving them unprecented access into his everyday life. If he agreed to that I couldn't imagine he has too much to hide.
I have to believe you are correct. Even if there was some "deal", of course someone would break it if they had something that could make them a superstar in some capacity. Sounds pretty bogus. Why would any President make such a deal when it would be much easier for them to restrict access due to security reasons.

I'll give the writer a little bit of credit. It almost seemed like a credible piece of journalism for a few paragraphs before it entered the Twilight Zone.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:32 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,954,937 times
Deplorable!

WHAT country are we now?
It sure isn't America anymore when you read crap like this!

ADIOS to FREE speech and FREE press now.

It's OBVIOUS there is something being kept classified from the American people.....and whatever it truly is........it CAN'T be good for the US.

And I thought the Bush administration was so secretive.

THIS takes the cake and is just one of many other things that might make one believe some form of HELL is coming for US and perhaps, many others before BO's first term is over?

I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but something sure ain't right in the grand scheme of things for this nation, under THIS administration, more so than ANY previous one, IMO.

And "they" wonder why there is so much animosity, anger and fear gripping so many lives, thesedays?
Or they truly believe it's just the Tea Party people who are so freaked out by such an UN-American agenda!

The people are not as stupid as they wish and IMO.......this administration will leave an INFAMOUSLY historic legacy for the history books to censor.....or omit altogether, if possible.

Any journalist who favors this.......is NO journalist, just another victim of this administration's bribes and intimidation.

Either way, it IS as unconstitutional as it can get when the WH is telling reporters what they can and cannot report on......when it comes to the history of OUR nation's current, lame excuse for a so-called, leader!

WELCOME HOME to the USSR.......formerly, known as the USA........which WAS a free nation with a Constitution GUARANTEEING our freedom, until now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies