Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 02:16 PM

22,269 posts, read 19,599,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonRat View Post
I absolutely and unconditionally condemn this and hope that the person who did this both is caught and realizes how incredibly stupid it was to do. There is no justification towards this type of thing, no matter which side it's from.
Agreed these type of actions are absolutely disgusting and despicable no matter what side does it, and no matter what side it is done to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 02:17 PM

89,753 posts, read 45,396,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
No, the problem is you have "adults" behaving like juveniles. To blame it on the passage of a bill that they do not like is an excuse. Many didn't like the last three wars that Congress voted for and the President signed off on. Come on, this is just a BS excuse for adults behaving like adolescent savages.
You're missing the point. It's not the excuse... it's the precarious tipping point. And yes... people are angry about the wars, too. It's a cumulative effect.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:18 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,564,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
When did this become racial?? Guess i missed that. I also do not remember republicans calling democrats terrorists, and fearing for their lives because democrats in Washington were encouraging violence against them. Sorry pal, the over the top rhetoric about inciting violence is all on the democrat side, or so much so, that they have eclipsed any from the republican side.

It figures...did you miss that the entire statement. BOTH parties will lump a party or race into a broad pool based on the actions of a few. And for the record, during the townhall meetings, democrats were called Thugs, hoods. You have commentators on the Right comparing Democrats to terrorists, so please save me the partisan crap. No one on either side have clean hands.

And maybe it hasn't sunk in, but Cantor stood on television and blamed the democrats for someone taking target practice at his office. Again, NO CLEAN HANDS.
But hey, continue to be the partisan foot soldier, at least most on this thread have finally spoken up on the BS both parties have been shoveling our way.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, if you do not like "adolescent savages" then we need to stop voting for radically left democrats. There are some good, level headed, country loving democrats out there, but you'd be hard pressed to hear from them, because the radical left have taken over the party.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:20 PM

Again, because the current Admin and Congress don't seem to be getting it...
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

Old 03-25-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're missing the point. It's not the excuse... it's the precarious tipping point. And yes... people are angry about the wars, too. It's a cumulative effect.

It is an excuse for this behavior. So I guess the guy that flew his plane into the IRS building was justified, oh how about the FT Hood shooter, oh wait those who lost their job that went back to their company and shot folks, I guess their justified or tipping points?

Old 03-25-2010, 02:25 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,092,675 times
Quote:
It is an excuse for this behavior. So I guess the guy that flew his plane into the IRS building was justified, oh how about the FT Hood shooter, oh wait those who lost their job that went back to their company and shot folks, I guess their justified or tipping points?
No more acceptable than were the race riots of the 1960's; when not so coincidentially, the Democrats were stirring the anger to incite violence as well.

Right now this country is a pressure cooker boiling over. Best the Obama andministration and the entire Congress listen clearly to the public before they cause the top to blow off this pressure cooker.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:26 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,352,166 times
ObamaBush is likely loving this violence because it creates an opportunity to enact some draconian thought crime legislation.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
It is an excuse for this behavior. So I guess the guy that flew his plane into the IRS building was justified, oh how about the FT Hood shooter, oh wait those who lost their job that went back to their company and shot folks, I guess their justified?
Why do you think they're justified?

The point is, they were driven to the point that they felt the action taken was necessary. They were pushed beyond the tipping point. Perhaps governing the country in a way in which the majority of the population disagrees has consequences. Revolutions and Civil Wars were sparked by similar circumstances, no?

Old 03-25-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No more acceptable than were the race riots of the 1960's; when not so coincidentially, the Democrats were stirring the anger to incite violence as well.

Right now this country is a pressure cooker boiling over. Best the Obama andministration and the entire Congress listen clearly to the public before they cause the top to blow off this pressure cooker.

So by that statement I take it you also believe the Right have clean hands on whats going on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies