Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 06:44 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,869,748 times

Advertisements

A cop transporting prisoners has a wreck. As part of police procedure, the officer is sent to take a drug test. The drug test comes back positive for cocaine. Does the cop get the boot?
Not in College Park GA! No, the cop lies and says he was chasing a suspect and that the suspect dropped a bag of cocaine and got away. The cop then "tested" the cocaine by "dabbing my little finger and tasting it" which is his explanation for why he tested positive.
And the Chief apparently bought it and did not fire the cop! The cop has since resigned after it became an embarrassment. I don't buy it for a minute. First of all I have NEVER seen a cop on Cops "taste" or sample suspected drugs. They always put in in a test liquid that turns blue. Secondly there was no record of the cop turning in the rest of the bag. And then, why would the cop need to sample test the drug if the suspect "got away"?

Police: Cop Tested Positive For Cocaine - News Story - WSB Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 06:46 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,566,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
A cop transporting prisoners has a wreck. As part of police procedure, the officer is sent to take a drug test. The drug test comes back positive for cocaine. Does the cop get the boot?
Not in College Park GA! No, the cop lies and says he was chasing a suspect and that the suspect dropped a bag of cocaine and got away. The cop then "tested" the cocaine by "dabbing my little finger and tasting it" which is his explanation for why he tested positive.
And the Chief apparently bought it and did not fire the cop! The cop has since resigned after it became an embarrassment. I don't buy it for a minute. First of all I have NEVER seen a cop on Cops "taste" or sample suspected drugs. They always put in in a test liquid that turns blue. Secondly there was no record of the cop turning in the rest of the bag. And then, why would the cop need to sample test the drug if the suspect "got away"?

No, I can understand why the chief believed him. See the cop always mistaken his nose for his mouth whenever there's a powdery substance.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:46 PM

994 posts, read 1,687,955 times
Quote:

After the fentanyl china white disaster a few years ago ...any cop that still *tastes* a given substance should reconsider.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:21 PM

4,289 posts, read 10,830,031 times
Cops do taste coke sometimes. Probably not the right procedure, but it happens and Its not like it makes them high.

I have no idea if it would make you positive on a drug test or not though.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:29 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,715,979 times
Quote:

I think his explanation si hilarious? Even more hilarious is that the chief bought it.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:05 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,232,738 times
Quote:

Waht does it matter now. There are procedure for addressing such issue and cops often resign when confronted with those choices. They have far fewer right in investigations than they do when not in uniform. bascailly it was resolved as far as his police status. Those same procedures alos make the chief folow certain established legal requiremnts to terminate him.Court have giben guidelines because they do not want those with these disadvantages to be taken advantage of just because there are different rights they don't enjoy acting under law.Its resolved as he resigned bascially as far as his story.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:08 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,807,469 times
What it boils down to is that this cop is above the law. This kind of thing happens. The drug war is such a success! No contradictions there.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:10 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,714,100 times
Who gives the cops tickets? Another cop? You?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:25 PM

769 posts, read 890,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
Who gives the cops tickets? Another cop? You?

Yes another cop is supposed to. Cops rarely give cite another cop for breaking the law, which is how we end up where we are today...a group of a-holes that can do whatever they want.

Now to be fair, their are a lot of great cops out there that deserve recognition and respect. I've lived in rural areas most of my life, and it seems these types of cops just never make it out that far

Old 03-12-2010, 01:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,517,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
I think his explanation si hilarious? Even more hilarious is that the chief bought it.

Yep amazing isn't it how they buy anything when it has to do with one of their own. It is unbelievable that sometimes they buy the crap that is told to them. They are known for sometimes sticking up for their own, every one knows this no secret!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies