Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:22 PM

805 posts, read 774,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The pertinent quote from the article reads, "It is arguable that, because of his inexperience, Obama is not ready for the presidency. It is arguable that McCain, because of his boiling moralism and bottomless reservoir of certitudes, is not suited to the presidency.Unreadiness can be corrected, although perhaps at great cost, by experience.Can a dismaying temperament be fixed?"

Wow!!! That sure is a resounding endorsment if I ever saw one roflmao

But it most certainly prophetic! "although perhaps at great cost!"

Get ahead of the curve and say good-bye to the 1 termer from hell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 04:30 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,537,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Get ahead of the curve and say good-bye to the 1 termer from hell!

I just pictured Linda Blair.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:41 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,209,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No he didn't. Post the evidence.
I'll look for a clip. He did it on one of the Sunday morning shows.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:44 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,209,776 times

YouTube - George Will on McCain being "unpresidential"

I can't find the clip I'm thinking of. This isn't it. But I swear I remember him endorsing Obama. I could be wrong. Does anyone else remember?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:11 PM

805 posts, read 774,917 times
Quote:
Decades in the making, coming to a head with the agenda of obama.

George Will - this speech at CPAC is a MUST SEE. He was hilarious and right on point to the entitlement mentality of the democrats in virtually every program, policy and idea they have.

THE best speech of CPAC.

I would encourage the Left to watch and listen to his speech - he articulates exactly how the obama agenda is viewed by a majority of the public.
More than anything this should be viewed and listened to by all Conservatives for it outlines the distinct differences between Conservatism and the Progressive mindset.

He said some really scary s*it in here but ended it by saying that in his audience (CPAC) he saw a "shovel ready group" that need to go out and "shift some sand"!

A Call To Arms! Bravo, George Will!

Old 02-23-2010, 02:08 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,537,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
More than anything this should be viewed and listened to by all Conservatives for it outlines the distinct differences between Conservatism and the Progressive mindset.

He said some really scary s*it in here but ended it by saying that in his audience (CPAC) he saw a "shovel ready group" that need to go out and "shift some sand"!

A Call To Arms! Bravo, George Will!
Oh goodie. I like scary sh*t.

Gotta thank you again for that Linda Blair image in my head. Got any Stephen King scary sh*t?

Old 02-23-2010, 04:53 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,546,185 times
Quote:
Obama took a Trillion out of the private sector for a long list of liberal pork barrel projects. By all measures, the Failed Stimulus has failed miserably.

A waste of $1 Trillion+

I just have to ask; Did you even bother to watch Will and listen to what he said?

20-30 minutes of your time well worth it to understand just how badly the democrats have duped so many for so long.

Liberal pork barrel projects? Interesting '

I will agree there were Pork barrel projects in the stimulas but your point was lost by the typical refusal to see that BOTH REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS had Pork barrel Projects in the Stimulas. NOT ONLY did they have it built in the stimulas, but your DO NO WRONG Republicans went back and BEGGED for funds for those PORK BARREL Projects that were NOT in the stimulas.

Oh I forgot the Republican's excuse, the liberals passed the bill anyway so they can take the funds and still claim is ALL the liberals. Gotcha

Old 02-23-2010, 05:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Look the government said it was a success..they have charts to prove it.

China had a smaller stimulus..only around $500 billion or so and what do they have to show for it ?
They have the worlds fastest train..big deal, we have CHARTS.
They have started building 16 R&D centers for alternative fuel...big deal, we have the John Murtha Airport.
They put people to work rebuilding their infrastructure...big deal, we have extended the unemployment.

See our stimulus is working. The unemployed still get unemployment checks and we have plenty of charts.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:23 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,997,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I can't find the clip I'm thinking of. This isn't it. But I swear I remember him endorsing Obama. I could be wrong. Does anyone else remember?
You are wrong.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:24 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,546,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Look the government said it was a success..they have charts to prove it.

China had a smaller stimulus..only around $500 billion or so and what do they have to show for it ?
They have the worlds fastest train..big deal, we have CHARTS.
They have started building 16 R&D centers for alternative fuel...big deal, we have the John Murtha Airport.
They put people to work rebuilding their infrastructure...big deal, we have extended the unemployment.

See our stimulus is working. The unemployed still get unemployment checks and we have plenty of charts.

Not only do we have Charts, but also the word of not only the Democrats in Washington but also the Republicans. The difference, the republicans are ONLY being truthful with their local base on the success of the stimulas, but when they get on National television, the make a completely different statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies