Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:13 AM

25,903 posts, read 20,897,834 times

Advertisements

Mods - can we merge these?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ebt-panel.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 08:19 AM

10,855 posts, read 15,032,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Brett Baier of Special Report asked quite possibly the most prolific question that could be asked of this topic:

"Why set up a panel? He's the President. Why doesn't HE come up with ways to reduce the deficit?"

OUTSTANDING question. The answer is obvious. Barack Obama does not have the fortitude to make hard decisions. So, first he attempts to have Nancy and Harry craft legislation that will, by law, force his hand to raise taxes so he doesn't have to be the one leading the charge. In otherwords, Barack Obama once again embarks on political calculation to disguise his inability to make hard decisions. This is not leadership. This is cowardice.
We are ending as all communist regimes end.

A better question is why don't the people we pay lots of money to, our house representitives and senators, do the job we are paying them for instead of pawning it off on some non-elected commission?

It is time to throw them all out and when I say all I mean every single one who has occupied a seat for the last year democrat and republican both. Republicans and democrats have proven themselves equally worthless.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,524,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
"Why set up a panel? He's the President. Why doesn't HE come up with ways to reduce the deficit?"
Obama did say he was going to go through the budget, line by line.. I guess another failed promise..

Old 02-19-2010, 08:31 AM

38,839 posts, read 22,704,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"The commission's recommendations are due Dec. 1, after the congressional elections. Even then, lawmakers may be able to avoid having to take a public stand on measures such as tax increases or cuts to popular programs because Obama's executive order creating the panel can't force Congress to vote on its recommendations.

"The panel is Obama's second choice.

"He supported a Senate proposal by Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad, D-N.D., and Judd Gregg, R-N.H., that would have required lawmakers to vote on recommendations from such a commission but was defeated in late January."

Obama sets up panel to tackle debt - USATODAY.com
We elect representatives to go to Washington and spend taxpayer money wisely, niot rack up trillions in deficit spending, and then can use taxpayer money to pay other people to tell them how to do their jobs and control spending. Oh, their staffs and lobbyists can write 2,000+ page bills to spend trillions of dollars, but they can't tell them how to stop spending???

These people spend, not like a drunken sailor, but a group of drunken sailors who stole our credit cards, buying lamp dances and getting drunk on our dime. Then when we catch them , they use our credit cards to pay some blue ribbon panel to tell them how to stop charging lap dances and booze with our credit cards.

November 2010 cannot come soon enough.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:07 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,755,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"The commission's recommendations are due Dec. 1, after the congressional elections. Even then, lawmakers may be able to avoid having to take a public stand on measures such as tax increases or cuts to popular programs because Obama's executive order creating the panel can't force Congress to vote on its recommendations.

"The panel is Obama's second choice.

"He supported a Senate proposal by Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad, D-N.D., and Judd Gregg, R-N.H., that would have required lawmakers to vote on recommendations from such a commission but was defeated in late January."

Obama sets up panel to tackle debt - USATODAY.com
I assume you are all for this great idea. But don't you see how Obama is playing you? All of a sudden he wants you to believe that he is really concerned about deficit spending and national debt when he will have spent more money in his first two years than all other presidents combined and he just got Congress to raise the debt limit by 2 trillion so he can spend even more. Give me a freaking break!

Old 02-19-2010, 09:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 85,027,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
We are ending as all communist regimes end.

A better question is why don't the people we pay lots of money to, our house representitives and senators, do the job we are paying them for instead of pawning it off on some non-elected commission?

It is time to throw them all out and when I say all I mean every single one who has occupied a seat for the last year democrat and republican both. Republicans and democrats have proven themselves equally worthless.
If they originate it then they will get blamed for it. Better to blame a temporary panel that will go away.

Oh we're all going to be seeing higher taxes but none of them will take blame..the panel insisted you see. And I'm sure they will add "total sovereign collapse" if it doesn't go through.

Fear and panic will push it through once the words are on paper.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:14 PM

50 posts, read 37,571 times
Quote:
post 15
JimMe
I assume you are all for this great idea. But don't you see how Obama is playing you?
All of a sudden he wants you to believe that he is really concerned about deficit spending
and national debt when he will have spent more money in his first two years than all
other presidents combined and he just got Congress to raise the debt limit by 2 trillion
so he can spend even more. Give me a freaking break!
Please quit spreding republican L-I-E-S.
Now we can start with the lying prlck Sean Hannity who at least twice a day claims
that Obama quadrupled the deficit. Thousands of times, over the past year I’ve heard
every lying republican talks about Obamas over spending and huge deficits.
What I don’t understand is with all the lying bull-shlt by the republicans floating
around, I very seldom hear a democrat correct the facts. Obama is the only one that
I can remember saying that he inherited a $1.2 trillion deficit for 2009 and $8 trillion
over the next 10 years. The president can use some help.
Here are some of the F-A-C-T-S.

Irrefutable FACT.
Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/bu...t.html?_r=1&em
$1.2 Trillion Deficit Forecast as Obama Weighs Options
January 7, 2009 ---13 days before president Obama took office.
Quote:

Irrefutable FACT. –Absolutely no ifs ands or BUTS. -- Irrefutable FACT.
2009 budget submitted by ex-president stupid f_ck.
$3.1 trillion ------Three point one trillion dollars. ----$3.1 trillion.
Irrefutable FACT. –Absolutely no ifs ands or BUTS. -- Irrefutable FACT.

It,s simple addition!!
Bush submitted budget ----3.1 trillion.
Plus Bush submitted TARP --- 2009 cost $247 billion.
Total for 2009 budget = $3.347 trillion submitted by ex-president stupid f_ck

The 2009 cost of president Obamas stimulus was $184 billion.
The stimulus that cut the job loss from 779 thousand in Jan 2009
to 20 thousand in Jan 2010.

FY 2011 President's Budget - Historical Tables
The 2009 budget came in at 3,517.7 billion dollars.

Why dont you link some of Obamas crazy spending?
----Because limbaugh and hannity dont link their L-I-E-S??
Obama 2009 spending 184 billion dollars.
Add your links JimMe. -------

---- bluecoller -- the grumpy old kraut---

Old 02-19-2010, 12:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,558,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But..if illegals are granted amnesty with right to vote at the right time, then he's got the numbers for re-election. Think about that one.

While amnesty is not out front..I've seen press reports here and there about it so they are testing the waters at this time so by 2012 the outrage will have subsided. Just my opinion here.

I am sure you are more then right. I am positive Obama being himself, has every single angle covered for a reason. To benefit himself.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,524,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecoller-eddie View Post
Please quit spreding republican L-I-E-S.
Thats right.. no lying going on around here
Quote:
Now we can start with the lying prlck Sean Hannity who at least twice a day claims that Obama quadrupled the deficit.
Democrats have increased the national debt 50% since taking over Congress.. They it went from 8T to 12T.. If you claim Obama and the Democrats arent increasing the deficit, then you'll need to provide me some proof of this.
http://www.heritage.org/research/features/budgetChartbook/Images/debt-deficits_04-2-850.jpg (broken link)
Quote:
Thousands of times, over the past year I’ve heard every lying republican talks about Obamas over spending and huge deficits.
The estimates of spending are FROM OBAMA.. Do you need me to point where Obama spending and deficits come from?
http://www.heritage.org/research/features/budgetChartbook/Images/federal-spending_01-850.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
What I don’t understand is with all the lying bull-shlt by the republicans floating around, I very seldom hear a democrat correct the facts. Obama is the only one that I can remember saying that he inherited a $1.2 trillion deficit for 2009 and $8 trillion over the next 10 years. The president can use some help.
So the only lying going on around here are Republicans? Odd considering you just supported the argument that deficits are increasing, and since deficits are created by CONGRESS, something Obama was a member of, and since Congress has been controlled by Democrats for YEARS and they have increased the national debt by 50% in the last THREE years alone. I'm not sure why you are so outraged over Republicans pointing out FACTS because its very clear that you dont have a clue and just off on some crying rant over your hate against Republicans..
Quote:
The 2009 cost of president Obamas stimulus was $184 billion.
The stimulus that cut the job loss from 779 thousand in Jan 2009 to 20 thousand in Jan 2010.
Wrong, the amount SPENT was $184B but the amount borrowed and allocated is $787 Billion.. This is in ADDITION to OTHER spending which took place and planned. What cut the job loss is a maximum unemployment threshhold has been reached.. PERIOD..

Old 02-19-2010, 12:57 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,547,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats right.. no lying going on around here

Democrats have increased the national debt 50% since taking over Congress.. They it went from 8T to 12T.. If you claim Obama and the Democrats arent increasing the deficit, then you'll need to provide me some proof of this.

The estimates of spending are FROM OBAMA.. Do you need me to point where Obama spending and deficits come from?

So the only lying going on around here are Republicans? Odd considering you just supported the argument that deficits are increasing, and since deficits are created by CONGRESS, something Obama was a member of, and since Congress has been controlled by Democrats for YEARS and they have increased the national debt by 50% in the last THREE years alone. I'm not sure why you are so outraged over Republicans pointing out FACTS because its very clear that you dont have a clue and just off on some crying rant over your hate against Republicans..

Wrong, the amount SPENT was $184B but the amount borrowed and allocated is $787 Billion.. This is in ADDITION to OTHER spending which took place and planned. What cut the job loss is a maximum unemployment threshhold has been reached.. PERIOD..
Rocking Post! Way to go hit them with facts throws them everytime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies