Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 01:47 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,404,549 times

Advertisements

The framers of the Constitution came from 2010 and went back in time to draft it to prevent 2010 from ever happening.

By the way, I think I spotted a possible freudian slip with your "sophistry".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 02:17 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,857,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The framers of the Constitution came from 2010 and went back in time to draft it to prevent 2010 from ever happening.

By the way, I think I spotted a possible freudian slip with your "sophistry".
I believe you've grossly mistaken my statement. Rephrase in anecdotal form; I walk around in life faced with a moral dilemma and ask myself--- 'what would my grandmother do?'. Were Jefferson alive today, what would he do to get us back in line with our own truth/ principles?

Financial sophistry; amplified levels of abstraction= baffle them with BS. How else can we as civilization rationalize a reward system of multi million$ compensation for utter failure?

Old 02-12-2010, 05:09 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,404,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I believe you've grossly mistaken my statement. Rephrase in anecdotal form; I walk around in life faced with a moral dilemma and ask myself--- 'what would my grandmother do?'. Were Jefferson alive today, what would he do to get us back in line with our own truth/ principles?

Financial sophistry; amplified levels of abstraction= baffle them with BS. How else can we as civilization rationalize a reward system of multi million$ compensation for utter failure?
OK - I just hope you are not euphemising "sophistry" as a blending of "sophistication" with "reason".

But if you are, then, you would be in support of centralized world banking?

If the lie doesn't work, lie more, then make it universal?

Global Warming is Global Banking is Global Government is 100% self-entrapment.

If Jefferson were alive today, I think he would take up a life of "crime" - and his crime would be against banks.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:16 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,267,555 times
Lydon Larouche, economist??? WTF!

College drop-out, one time Trotskyite, Maoist, Neo-Nazi (how you go from one to the other is beyond me) and general overall political nutcase, an economist! Now that's saying a lot.

By the way, any Trotskyite/Maoist/Neo-Nazi will always lecture about the ensuing demise of capitalism, and like a clock are right at least once a day.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
OK - I just hope you are not euphemising "sophistry" as a blending of "sophistication" with "reason".

But if you are, then, you would be in support of centralized world banking?

If the lie doesn't work, lie more, then make it universal?

Global Warming is Global Banking is Global Government is 100% self-entrapment.

If Jefferson were alive today, I think he would take up a life of "crime" - and his crime would be against banks.
soph·is·try-
n. pl. soph·is·tries
1. Plausible but fallacious argumentation.
2. A plausible but misleading or fallacious argument.

Financial sophistry= false business endeavors, legalized theft.

Just so we're clear, I'm not endorsing anyone, just listening to ideas for their merit. He's very difficult to listen to because his habit (as has been our american habit) is to characterize/ vilify the identity of others without spelling out their departure from public service tradition. He mucks his own water up while attempting to make a point.

(Ovocatto-- please live up to a standard of scrutiny on the basis of reason, not wholesale dismissal through characterization. If his ideas are lousy, I'd certainly like to hear why.)

I believe his position on ergo's issue is here...
Address to POTUS 11Feb09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR7srHtYAjE&NR=1
Synopsis- the global monetary system is FUBAR/ beyond reform because it was authored by oligarchy (venetian merchants) to favor them through manipulations of marginal utility. Diagnosis resembles Ron Paul's identification of the Fed as culpable, but departs from Ron's cure as outright abolishment. Lydon's plan is for the Fed itself go into receivership through executive order. The purpose would be to redesign a centralized bank that is controlled by ourselves as a sovereign, and he cites Hamiltonian principles being primary model. He does not advocate for an international centralized monetary system, quite the opposite, which concurs with Paul's position.

He's against globalization on the basis of it being an abstracted version of corporate imperialism reeking havoc/ destablizing/ hobbling world populations for profit. He means to see each sovereign being in control of their own discreet economies, yet interfacing with the rest of the world through a fixed exchange rate expressed in credit format (more like debit card than credit card). Not entirely protectionist. Aim for self sufficiency first, follow through with raising the standard of living through physical economy expansion, the rest is supposed to fall in line organically. I'd say he's aiming for international fair trade agreement policies vs <alleged> free trade agreements (which have played out as protectionism at behest of corporate interest groups).

Again, he's a very difficult man to hear. So is Ron Paul.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Lydon Larouche, economist??? WTF!

College drop-out, one time Trotskyite, Maoist, Neo-Nazi (how you go from one to the other is beyond me) and general overall political nutcase, an economist! Now that's saying a lot.

By the way, any Trotskyite/Maoist/Neo-Nazi will always lecture about the ensuing demise of capitalism, and like a clock are right at least once a day.
2 x college drop out best I can make out. Swinging left and right, rationalizing his position now as libertarian.

I did state he had a checkered past ...
Lyndon LaRouche | Hate Quote | Fight Hatred (http://www.fighthatred.com/hate-quotes/lyndon-larouche - broken link)
Full text of "Lyndon LaRouche and the New American Fascism"

Economist and statesman are self described. Statesman has validity in that he's been a perpetual presidential candidate (ran for congress while in prison!). I can find no material evidence of credentials as economist, save for the recognition bestowed by the Schiller institute (founded by his current wife, a charter stating homage to LaRouche). An Italian political party rep. bestowed him credits in the press.

Name dropping/ implying his employment by CIA/FBI is incredible puffery. He's labeling himself libertarian but lounging around in democrat territory. I can picture progressives readying themselves with a spray can of lysol. Ron Paul now lives and resides in republican territory, but we all know he's a libertarian trying to reform republicans.

Beyond LaRouche puffery, I'd like to sink teeth into the basis of his arguments. Shall we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies