Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 02:28 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,769,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I think thats cold and uncalled for while you might not have liked who or what he did in a life has been lost and a family is suffering today. Out of respect for those left behind we should respect that life that was lost. Before you know it will be you suffering from that same lose
You are breaking my heart, here. Obviously you didn't read all the posts herein. Nor on dear Teddy's demise. I give them the respect they are due as human beings; beyond that, I don't care. And by the way, I don't "hate" anyone, cause all that does is give them ammunition. And when I'm suffering from the same "lose," well, you'll never know it, will you?

Old 02-08-2010, 02:30 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Celebrating the death of a Politician because it increases the chances of your side picking up another seat. Can you get any lower??
Radical righties never fail to celebrate a death of an opponent.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:33 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,521,202 times
sorry when anyone dies. feelings have nothing to do with dems or repubs, but here you go

You Don’t Know Jack (http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/you-dont-know-jack - broken link)

Old 02-08-2010, 02:34 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,769,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
As I'm sure many will after you kick the proverbial bucket

It really disgusts me that this is how some Republicans treat an old veteran. Murtha was in the Marines for nearly 2 decades and this is how he gets revered when he passes. People like you make me hope there really is a heaven and hell because it's obvious where you'll be going.
When I kick the proverbial bucket, well, I kick the proverbial bucket. The chance that I'm going to die, and you, too, is simply a big old fat 1. And I hope they all have a good time, ya know?

Murtha may have been a jarhead, and for that I applaud him and his service. I've said that much before; however, when he calls his own kind - Marines - murderers, and then when they are exonerated, vindicated, does he/did he apologize for his ranting? Hell, no.

People like you, madam, make me laugh, especially when trying to express your concepts of heaven and hell on others. Hell is here, now, what's next I don't know, nor do I worry about it. Perhaps you should do some soul-searching on your own, before you label others. Madam.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:40 PM

109 posts, read 114,246 times
And twisted earns a spot on the ignore list! Woo hoo!

Murtha was a corrupt old fool and everything wrong with institutional democrat politics. He won't be missed, sorry. He undid anything worthy he may have done once.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:44 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,596,726 times
I never celebrate anyone's death:

1) I praise him for being a Vietnam Vet

2) He was 77 years old - Lived a long life

3) He robbed enough money from us

4) He would have been kicked out anyway at next election

Old 02-08-2010, 04:03 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,854,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
You are breaking my heart, here. Obviously you didn't read all the posts herein. Nor on dear Teddy's demise. I give them the respect they are due as human beings; beyond that, I don't care. And by the way, I don't "hate" anyone, cause all that does is give them ammunition. And when I'm suffering from the same "lose," well, you'll never know it, will you?
Not trying to break your heart. Just stating my opinion and that is no matter how you feel about how a person lived their life you respect life that includes death.

Its more then obvious you dont care and no one is saying you have to but respect that some people are suffering his lose and have some respect.

As far as you not hating anyone. I dont know you. To say if you do or dont just saying your post is a bit cold blooded.

I hope no one in your family see's someone say something about you when you pass away. I hope they dont have to suffer through their lose and people lack of respect.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:33 PM

596 posts, read 890,401 times
Please guys, let's be civil and respectful. Remember how painful it was when they trashed Reagan when he passed? Remember all the hateful jokes they made about his Alzheimers?

I am definitely NOT a fan of Rep Murtha, but I respect his military service and if you don't have anything nice to say......

Old 02-08-2010, 04:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Another dem seat is available! Yay!
Don't bet on it in W PA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Chalk up another one to the joys of conventional medical treatment. One of a hundred thousand or so.

20yrsinBranson
What the hey?

My condolences to his family.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 02-08-2010 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: add condolences

Old 02-08-2010, 04:44 PM

621 posts, read 1,054,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoBankerGirl View Post

.....and if you don't have anything nice to say......
...say it on C-D?

I am sorry to hear of his death. Especially, with something as rare as a death by complications of a gall bladder. Something was amuck with his politics and I am glad his seat was vacated, though I would have rather he'd step down from office and not died. 77 is not THAT old.

Condolences for his family and friends for their loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies