Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:45 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,614,369 times

Advertisements

FOXNews.com - Ohio High School Accused of Promoting Political Agenda in Classroom
An Ohio high school teacher's giving students job applications for a Democratic organization that included suggested radical reading material has raising concerns of indoctrination in the classroom.
The government teacher at Perry High School in Massillon, Ohio, handed out forms recruiting students to intern for Organizing for America, a grassroots organization with direct ties to the Democratic National Committee and the successor organization for Obama for America.
Included on the forms was a suggested reading list that included Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" and Organizing for America's mission to build on the "movement that elected President Obama by empowering students across the country to help us bring about our agenda of change."
No Republican equivalent was offered to the students, according to Perry schools' Superintendent John Richard.
In a Feb. 1, 2010, letter obtained by FoxNews.com, Gregoire apologized to parents, saying the incident was "not acceptable."
"We apologize that your son or daughter was given this information without approval," Gregoire wrote. "This error in following Board Policy has been addressed and has been clearly communicated to staff."
Click here to read the letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 04:46 PM

536 posts, read 415,941 times
Seems to be a pattern huh? They always accuse the Religious right of indoctrinating kids but its them.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:47 PM

37,184 posts, read 42,378,287 times
I think this was discussed a couple days ago wasn't it?

Old 02-03-2010, 04:48 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,101,810 times
I went to a HS that expelled anyone who was pro-choice. It works both ways.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,717,466 times
Just another "oops" mistake. I guess when we have 20 or so around the nation then maybe, just maybe it's NOT a mistake ?

This reminds me of the Obama songs a while ago circulating among elementary schools around the nation.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamOrbit View Post
Fox "news". Nuff said
So you believe it's made up ?

How's about attacking the message (content) rather than the messenger (Fox). Provide some links to back up your implication that it's made up.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,101,810 times
Oh yea my HS also kicked someone out who had 2 parents of the same sex.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,047,556 times
The teacher should be summarily fired. All internship opportunities should be posted in the library and none should be given preferential treatment over the others.

Promotion for "Organize Obama" is toward the recruitment of his "brown shirts" and those who will endorse activist education in public schools as endorsed and promoted in the past by the former domestic terrorist William Ayers.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:52 PM

536 posts, read 415,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Oh yea my HS also kicked someone out who had 2 parents of the same sex.
Dang! Nice school I might have to consider sending my kids there when they are old enough.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The teacher should be summarily fired. All internship opportunities should be posted in the library and none should be given preferential treatment over the others.

Promotion for "Organize Obama" is toward the recruitment of his "brown shirts" and those who will endorse activist education in public schools as endorsed and promoted in the past by the former domestic terrorist William Ayers.
But, but..it's only 2 schools now that have done it by mistake.
I guess the TEACHERS didn't know they were promoting political agendas.

But, one would think teachers should know that already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies