Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 06:17 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times

Advertisements

The Dems were already a mess before anyone heard of Obama. They only won by default because the GOP screwed up so hard.

They're all worthless, although there are a few here and there who aren't so bad, and I think Obama at least means well.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:19 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Obama to Diane Sawyer - "I'd rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president," he told ABC's "World News" anchor Diane Sawyer in an exclusive interview today.

President Obama Rather Be Really Good One Term President - ABC News

I'm beginning to realize Obama may only be a one-term president, and a mediocre one at that. IMO the only thing he will be remembered for is being the first black president.
Exactly! He won't be remembered for being a "really good" one term President! Is this ass for real? If he were a really good "one term" President, why would he not get a second term!!

This is Jimmy Carter all over again, only 100 times worse!

The faster we forget this nightmare, the better off we will be. I hope Obama will not be remembered at all. Ummm ... correction .... I hope he will be remembered for a long, long time, so we don't make this mistake ever again! What an absolute disaster he has been!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:21 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
After Obama we will need far more then a broom to clean up his mess.

He is a two-fer.

Destroying America and the dem party all by himself in one swipe.
Wrong. Bush wins that distinction of destroying America hands down.

Obama's policies are what he said he would do when he ran for office. Health care reform? Financial reform? Green energy? None of these policy initiatives is actually a surprise. I fully expected these to be advanced. That's why I voted for him. The only people who feign shock at his policy initiatives are the idiots and illiterates who were not paying attention.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
After Obama we will need far more then a broom to clean up his mess.

He is a two-fer.

Destroying America and the dem party all by himself in one swipe.
Geeze, the White House will have to be fumigated and sanitized afer this scum bag leaves!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:23 PM

I remember Bush talking about fiscal restraint and limited government during his campaign in 2000. We got something entirely different.

At least we knew what we were getting with Obama.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:24 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Geeze, the White House will have to be fumigated and sanitized afer this scum bag leaves!
If the "scumbag" happens to be standing next to you and you had a gun, would you shoot him? Would you consider it a patriotic act?

Old 01-25-2010, 06:26 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Obama to Diane Sawyer - "I'd rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president," he told ABC's "World News" anchor Diane Sawyer in an exclusive interview today.

President Obama Rather Be Really Good One Term President - ABC News

I'm beginning to realize Obama may only be a one-term president, and a mediocre one at that. IMO the only thing he will be remembered for is being the first black president.
I believe you are jumping a little early in making your judgement, think I will wait and see, some of us think that he is doing fine considering the situation we are in today. If he makes good judgement calls, and of-course if we are doing better as a nation, I believe he will be re-elected, if he shows that he is not up to the task he will be replaced. Thing is, it is far to early to tell, yes some have made up their minds, but then again many already had that mindset before he was even elected. Problem is, if he leaves office in three years, who will replace him, right now I am not overly impressed by anyone on either side of the fence and a third Party candidate is out of the question at this point in time.
Casper

Old 01-25-2010, 06:26 PM

I remember not very long ago it was considered unpatriotic to even criticize the president's policies let alone call him a scumbag. Even for the so-called liberal media. What happened? Or does that only count when "our guy" is in charge?

Reagan was thought to be one-and-done ca. 1982. What happened in '84 again?

Old 01-25-2010, 06:27 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Come on, tell us how your really feel. Jeeeez.
Casper

Old 01-25-2010, 06:28 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
Again repubs refusing to look in the long-term. They're like spoiled little brats that expect everything to be handed to them immediately and expect it to require no commitment, patience, or work.
Really?

Well they weren't the ones locked out of meetings for the American Payoff and Porkulus Act and the ObamaCare Taxpayer Take it Up the Behind Act? Yes I think there were.

Hard to be bipartisan when you shut out the other party and ram bills through congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.