Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 09:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You might want to read this:

Dems Might Be Misreading Massachusetts Message - Shots - Health News Blog : NPR

In fact, Brown couldn't very well have criticized the substance of the health care bills because they resemble in many ways the Massachusetts health overhaul he voted for in 2006 and continues to support.
But Kat, you have to see that the people of Massachusetts have their form of Obamacare and why would they want to pay for the rest of us, especially Nebraska or Louisiana? Somehow I keep wondering why they would vote for someone who would vote for Obamacare, or Reid Care or PelosiCare. They would have been stupid to vote for that person. Many did, however, vote for her because of the D after her name. Good old independents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 09:08 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
My point? The only bill which has/had a chance of passing is the Senate bill, written by a former insurance company executive. It should be "InsuranceCare".
Yet, it was supported by the President and the Democratic Leadership in both the House and Senate.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
My point? The only bill which has/had a chance of passing is the Senate bill, written by a former insurance company executive. It should be "InsuranceCare".
Is what you say the reason that Dirty Harry wouldn't allow all Democrats and no Republicans to know what that pile of steaming Pelosi had in it? I think it makes no difference who wrote the thing, no matter what lobbyist was most involved, it was written by leadership and people that Obama promised us wouldn't be allowed in DC as long as he was in office.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
Sub Sound, We are cheering more for the fact that the government is being told that this should be a state issue and not for the federal government to take over. I do not like the fact that I can barely make ends meet because I have to pay for my own insurance but I darn sure would rather have that then be forced to pay into a plan so that others who are to lazy or have made poor life choices can not pay for themselves. I help out my family in need and through my church have helped several other families so I am not heartless just believe they are other ways to accomplish things.
Most people on both sides fail to know that Barney Frank told a member of Single Payer that they have to go by small steps and there just aren't the number of necessary votes to get single payer now. What he actually told the man was that we get to socialized medicine in small steps and this bill was to be the first one of them.

I don't think many lefties believe stories like yours because their leaders have told them so many opposite stories.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Your situation will only get worse-much worse! You will pay more and more for your insurance or risk losing everything in the event of serious illness without insurance. But gal-dang, you can have satisfaction that someone out there, who made poor life choices, is not being helped.
What you fail to see is that these bills provided for taxes for many people who don't have to pay taxes now. Just today I saw a young man tell the folks at the clinic that he had no insurance changes to report because he didn't have insurance. Now Reid and buddies wanted to tax him and fine him for being like that to pay for those who couldn't afford insurance. He is still a free man and can pay his own way but he won't be free any longer if something like ReidCare gets passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies