Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you rate President Obama's first year in office?
Poor 78 62.40%
Fair 19 15.20%
Good 28 22.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:53 PM

744 posts, read 1,210,377 times

Advertisements

Polls are only good if they represent the way you feel. I do not put much stock in it. However I bet if it was written in spanish it would show that Obama was doing muy excelente!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 11:04 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,281,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
Polls are only good if they represent the way you feel. !
Ummm no. Polls are only good if they're scientific.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:54 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,486,551 times
I think he's been better in his first year than any president in my lifetime; that isn't really high praise when you look at the competition, but I've never once woken up thinking "Gee, life would be so much better if McCain were president." Virtually every aspect that has disappointed me about Obama's tenure has been one that would be far worse under almost any Republican.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:20 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,478,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I think he's been better in his first year than any president in my lifetime; that isn't really high praise when you look at the competition, but I've never once woken up thinking "Gee, life would be so much better if McCain were president." Virtually every aspect that has disappointed me about Obama's tenure has been one that would be far worse under almost any Republican.
Hahahahaha! Haha-hahahha! Oh Lordy! Hahahaha!

Old 01-21-2010, 05:37 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post

You must work at Obama GM?

I can remember every single first year of them all in my lifetime and each and every one of our Presidents had some major accomplishment in their first year, but not this dunce, he has had zero accomplishments in his first year.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:40 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You must work at Obama GM?

I can remember every single first year of them all in my lifetime and each and every one of our Presidents had some major accomplishment in their first year, but not this dunce, he has had zero accomplishments in his first year.
Sunny he has accomplished spending more than any other president! And causing a further divide between blacks/whites and the have's and the have nots

Old 01-21-2010, 07:07 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,457,393 times
What this particular poll does is show how far to the right this forum leans, and how that is way out of touch with the general populace. Nice job!

Old 01-21-2010, 07:46 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,478,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
What this particular poll does is show how far to the right this forum leans, and how that is way out of touch with the general populace. Nice job!
I beg your pardon. This poll is an exact duplicate of the one that CNN has! Take a look for yourself - half way down on the right-hand side of CNN's main web page...

-------

Poor
39% 76697 Votes

Good
34% 67644 Votes

Fair
27% 52246 Votes

Total Votes: 196587

Old 01-21-2010, 07:56 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
It's an open forum last I checked. If you want to surround yourself with 100% Obama lovers, I'm sure there are forums for that.

There should be a D)Most damaging president of my lifetime. Poor seems too nice for Obama. If this were a grade, I would give him an F-.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,793,468 times
He hasn't really done anything......at least anything for the American people. The Bankers would give him an "Excellent" rating I'm sure.

The stimulus was a big waste and it shouldn't have been packed together so quickly. It was just a big giveaway to states. I can understand giving states money so a lot of state workers (such as teachers) won't be laid off but there should have been more focus on getting more manufacturing jobs back here in America, more clean energy jobs, etc.

I understand Congress passes the bills but Obama could always threaten to veto a bill if it doesn't contain certain elements and he can always tell Congress what he wants in a bill.

I guess I'll give him a poor rating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies