Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:10 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,998,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ha this wins the award as the funniest post of the evening. It was Dems that wanted to tax cadillac plans. Some how in your mind because they are conservative they aren't Dems. I say some poor souls are so simple that they can't understand that the Dems sold them out. And I then read this. Imagine my delight at having someone prove my point so quickly!
The Blue Dog Dems are constantly praised on this board by right wingers for holding out on the health care vote for more concessions to corporate lobbyists.

Yes they are Dems. Dems allied with corporate lobbyists and the GOP.

The majority of Dems did prefer to tax the wealthy, but the right and these bad Dems won that round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 11:16 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,779,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The Blue Dog Dems are constantly praised on this board by right wingers for holding out on the health care vote for more concessions to corporate lobbyists.

Yes they are Dems. Dems allied with corporate lobbyists and the GOP.

The majority of Dems did prefer to tax the wealthy, but the right and these bad Dems won that round.

They are Dems, they sold out the unions, hold them accountable. Don't be a sheeple. Didn't Dean run a 50 strategy? Well this is what you get. Aren't the Dems the big tent party? Well this is what you get. You guys get what you ask for then complain.

Stop making excuses, the Dems hold all the cards this wasn't the Republicans.

Oh by the way is Obama a Blue Dog?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100106/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_overhaul (broken link)

"In a meeting at the White House, Obama expressed his preference for the insurance tax contained in the Senate's health overhaul bill, but largely opposed by House Democrats and organized labor,"

Don't be a lemming.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
They are Dems, they sold out the unions, hold them accountable. Don't be a sheeple. Didn't Dean run a 50 strategy? Well this is what you get. Aren't the Dems the big tent party? Well this is what you get. You guys get what you ask for then complain.

Stop making excuses, the Dems hold all the cards this wasn't the Republicans.
I am holding them accountable.

I contribute to PACs that go after these bad Dems in primary elections.

If you want to be a corporate shill you belong in the GOP.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:22 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,779,330 times
Quote:

Yeah, I see what you mean.

Wall Street leads Obama’s inaugural donors list; pumps in $7.1 mn for most expensive ceremony

"The Wall Street has emerged as the top donor for President-elect Barack Obama's inaugural programmes, pumping in more than seven million dollars,"

Green Change*:*Wall Street writes giant checks to Obama, McCain (http://www.greenchange.org/article.php?id=3441 - broken link)

Old 01-06-2010, 11:28 PM

89,258 posts, read 44,992,944 times
Quote:

Seems Obama is a corporate shill...
"Critics on Capitol Hill and online responded with outrage at the reports that Obama had gone behind their backs and sold the reform movement short. Furthermore, the deal seemed to be a betrayal of several promises made by then-Sen. Obama during the presidential campaign, among them that he would use the power of government to drive down the costs of drugs to Medicare and that negotiations would be conducted in the open."
Internal Memo Confirms Big Giveaways In White House Deal With Big Pharma

Apparently, you voted for Obama, the GOP corporate shill.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:35 PM

Yes it's a bad choice we have in the USA.

It's a either vote for a bad Party or a really really really bad Party.

The GOP is the driving force against campaign reform.

They oppose any effort to get money out of politics.

Right wingers don't have the mental sophistication to know this.

That's why they vote against their own self interest.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Yes it's a bad choice we have in the USA.

It's a either vote for a bad Party or a really really really bad Party.

The GOP is the driving force against campaign reform.

They oppose any effort to get money out of politics.

Right wingers don't have the mental sophistication to know this.

That's why they vote against their own self interest.
Big business switched their financial support to the Dems when the Dems took over Congress in 2007, and we're seeing that play out now in Obama's sellout to Wall Street and the pile of cr_p health care bill.
Business abandons GOP for Democrats - Jeanne Cummings - POLITICO.com

There was nothing stopping the Dems from saying no to corporate money in 2007 and ever since. Why didn't they?

Old 01-06-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Big business switched their financial support to the Dems when the Dems took over Congress in 2007, and we're seeing that play out now in Obama's sellout to Wall Street and the pile of cr_p health care bill.
Business abandons GOP for Democrats - Jeanne Cummings - POLITICO.com

There was nothing stopping the Dems from saying no to corporate money in 2007 and ever since. Why didn't they?
Because big money owns both parties.

It's a question of degree.

What party's actions are MORE against the middle class?

What party is MORE beholden to big business at the expense of famlies?

In our system of elections...we must pick the best (least worst) party and try to improve that party by challenging bad apples in primary elections.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Because big money owns both parties.

It's a question of degree.

What party's actions are MORE against the middle class?

What party is MORE beholden to big business at the expense of famlies?.
These days, it's the Dems...
Obama's sellout to Wall Street and Big Pharma at taxpayers' expense...
Obama preferring to tax the high-end health care benefits of middle class families, among others...
The Dems' refusal to broadcast health care bill negotiations on C-Span as Obama promised...

Need I go on?

Old 01-07-2010, 12:39 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,329,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Organized labor is going to love this, what with their cushy cadillac benefits and all. They'll be singin' the SEIU 'Obama's taxin' my health care' blues.

Not all union members have Cadillac plans.

"How do I know if my insurance plan is a 'Cadillac plan'? Look at the cost. The finance committee defines high-cost or "Cadillac" as any plan with premiums higher than $8,000 for individuals or $21,000 for families. Keep in mind that these figures include everything you and your employer spend on health care except for the deductible: premiums for medical (the portions paid by you and by your employer), dental, and vision coverage, as well as any money you put into a flexible spending account, which allows you to set aside pretax money to cover medical costs. Since your pay stub may show only your personal contribution—not that of your employer—the best way to find out the total cost of your plan is to ask your human resources liaison. Many companies already list their employees' total premiums on their W-2 tax forms. The bill passed by the finance committee would make that mandatory."

Do I have a "Cadillac plan"? And other frequently asked health care questions. - By Christopher Beam - Slate Magazine

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 01-07-2010 at 12:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies