Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,714,712 times

Advertisements

I thought Fox was only a Republican network. Now it seems it is a right wing Christian Republican network.

Daily Show had a couple of funny segments on the nutty Hume:
The Daily Show: The Temple of Hume Video

Video: The Best F**king News Team Ever - Tiger Woods' Faith | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Last edited by calmdude; 01-06-2010 at 08:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 08:09 AM

20,184 posts, read 23,972,082 times
Brit Home is an idiot... I have always thought he was an idiot and I am not sure why he is even on TV but whatever...

Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,121,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What I found odd is that Hume was essentially saying, "My religion is better than your religion." That's really narrow-minded and a dangerous mindset to have.
I don't think he is saying that at all. I think he was pointing out that the Christian faith, through Jesus, offers forgiveness to sinners whereas the same may not be true in the Buddist faith.

I really don't think anything was inferred as far as "superiority" by Hume but rather a pointing out the "differences". Those who were offended, in my opinion, are being silly and likely get offended whenever Christianity is mentioned in public.

Where Tiger gets his forgiveness, and whether he is forgiven, is really between Tiger, his wife, and his children, IMO. None of us has any influence on spirtual forgiveness so the whole part of making a mountain out of a mole hill on Hume's remarks are just silly.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:27 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,247,360 times
Why would anyone think something coming from fox, not news, really matters?
Fox is RIGHT WING PROPAGANDA.
Since it is, they should realize, but do not, that what a person does is their own life is their business, and people should refrain from saying such garbage about being forgiven.
Woods has made his bed, as bad as it might be, and is, and will pay for his mistakes.
Fox doesn't need to throw gas onto the fire, which is what they're good at.
Hume shoulda been a catholic priest instead of a mouth.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:41 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,318,936 times
Fair and balanced, my ass. Putting your opinion into a news story basically negates that whole slogan.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:43 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,858,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
He has every right to his opinion.

I may not agree with it and saw him as arrogant beyond belief, but it's his right to be that way
Everybody has a right to thier opinion, but I can care less to hear it!

What Brit fails to say is that...untill now, there is no crime commited, no aligations made by his wife, no proof of any wrong doing by anyone.

We all think we know what is going on, but todate Tiger or his wife havent filled me in. And I bet they didnt call Brit and give him the 411.

So what do I know, I know Brit is talking out the side of his ...mouth. He knows as much a you do, or I do in regards to Tiger's plight...and thats NOTHING.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:46 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,121,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Fair and balanced, my ass. Putting your opinion into a news story basically negates that whole slogan.
Do you think Chris Matthews, Katie Courek, Anderson Cooper, Keith Obermann, and other in the MSM know this?

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 01-06-2010 at 09:08 AM..

Old 01-06-2010, 09:11 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,782,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Everybody has a right to thier opinion, but I can care less to hear it!

What Brit fails to say is that...untill now, there is no crime commited, no aligations made by his wife, no proof of any wrong doing by anyone.

We all think we know what is going on, but todate Tiger or his wife havent filled me in. And I bet they didnt call Brit and give him the 411.

So what do I know, I know Brit is talking out the side of his ...mouth. He knows as much a you do, or I do in regards to Tiger's plight...and thats NOTHING.
Tiger himself stated that he has transgressed. That really is all that is needed to see that he knows he needs forgiveness and healing. We don't need to judge, but we can show him the way to that -- the way that we know from experience works. There's no harm in that, and comes from a heart of caring. That's what Brit showed. You all are making way too much of this.

However, Brit also said something that has been glossed over: whenever Christ is mentioned, there's a huge outpouring of hate and ridicule from many. It's the name of Jesus Christ that brings this on. There's just something about that name!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:18 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,247,360 times
Quote:
there's a huge outpouring of hate and ridicule from many
nope. just logic.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:49 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,694,731 times
Lightbulb Here's My Take On This...

I had a chance to see, and hear, all of the sound bites and video concerning the whole Brit Hume matter...

I don't have a problem with Christians, Christianity, people uttering the Lord's name (LOL...as many times as I may have taken it in vain), etc...

Where I DO have a problem, is that a 'senior political analyst' on a major cable network, took it upon himself to offer a 'faith-based' solution to someone else's problems on TV, and took a swipe at that person's (professed/alleged) faith to boot---and that shouldn't have been his call...

If I, or anyone else, wants to come to the Christian faith, then we should be able to do so of our own accord, with an open mind and heart, without being told that we're 'godless' or that we're going to hell because we don't cut the crust off our tuna-fish sandwiches, or wear white after Labor Day...

In short, don't try to shove your faith down my throat, and then get mad when you trigger my gag reflex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies