Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 07:24 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,747,627 times

Advertisements

It's all just politics. GOP has a long history of seeking power above all else. When they don' have it, they look at situations from the perspective of getting it back.

So, instead of helping craft a strong health care reform to build a better country (and I agree such reform requires conservative values), they try to shut down any health care reform because they know it will help Obama get re-elected.

They have admitted this, so it's not just political sour grapes. I give Obama credit for going on without them so he can get done what he needs to to build a country that works. Next up, the deficit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 07:25 AM

45,764 posts, read 61,157,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Republicans are lock stepped in their opposition of virtually everything Obama. Is this really the representation we need from them, or some of you want? I think the American people are losing big time! We need Conservative influence in any bill that gets passed, we're not getting it.
OH MY GAWD!!! STOP THE PRESSES!!! REPUBLICANS OPPOSE OBAMA!!!

Kinda like Democrats opposing Bush, Reagan, Bush, etc.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:25 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,873,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The GOP is representing pissed-off uninformed teabaggers these days. They've lost their compass. They now seem to value ignorance and deceit above all else.

And I say this as a former GOP voter who will likely never vote for another Republican for any office again.
Really there has been videos from Tea party members and Obama supporters and lets just say the tea party members were a lot more informed then the Obama supporters

Old 12-13-2009, 07:27 AM

20,184 posts, read 23,933,761 times
You guys can troll all you want... liberals having anti-GOP rhetoric is old as GOP having anti-liberal rhetoric... I do applaud the GOP efforts against the horrendous government health care bill cause there is very little "reform" to it but I do see a big expansion of government... even though the GOP are fighting it for wrong reasons (basically to weaken Obama), I may disagree with their goals but I agree with its methods because its the right thing to do...

Old 12-13-2009, 07:27 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,599,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Really there has been videos from Tea party members and Obama supporters and lets just say the tea party members were a lot more informed then the Obama supporters

You're so easily led.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:30 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,329,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
It's all just politics. GOP has a long history of seeking power above all else. When they don' have it, they look at situations from the perspective of getting it back.

So, instead of helping craft a strong health care reform to build a better country (and I agree such reform requires conservative values), they try to shut down any health care reform because they know it will help Obama get re-elected.

They have admitted this, so it's not just political sour grapes. I give Obama credit for going on without them so he can get done what he needs to to build a country that works. Next up, the deficit.
This entire post is a contradiction
Bemoaning partisan politics while displaying the same.

Good stuff

Old 12-13-2009, 07:33 AM

71 posts, read 51,111 times
I used to pull the lever for only Republicans, but now after they are trying to deny we need real health care reform and instead try to say we need to help out the insurance company’s by limiting the amount of malpractice settlements, this is a gift to insurance companies, do you really think after a gift like that they would turn around and say, ok we are going to give some back to the customer? If you buy that I have a bush tax credit I would like to sell you. I would not vote for anyone calling them self a republican and much less anyone saying they are a tea bagger or conservative. These are the Limbaugh and Beck idiots who follow the rich who hold out a carrot of you can get rich too if you just give me all the tax breaks and work really hard at 3 jobs to pay your bills and help keep me where I am at and by the way the end of the world is coming so buy gold. FK republicans and their lies.
I for one do not believe that the Dems are in that bad of a place with the American people. I think that much of the dismay of the polls taken are progressives who are upset that things have not moved farther left. We are still in Iraq, and as Ron Paul said, they went in by air they can come out by airplane. We are still in and growing in Afghanistan, GITMO is still open and Obama is not pushing his agenda like the Cheney regime did. Then you have Cheney not being imprisoned for treason and running around free, this is a slap in the face of all that is good and right or what Cheney left of it in this country. If Canada were not so cold I would be on my knees begging to be let in and I would let my crap citizenship in this rightwing cesspool go in the dump where it belongs. I think we should have this country split into two nations, one progressive and the other a bunch of right wing nut jobs that wants to invade all countries that do not have Christianity as their religion and give all power to corporations while crushing unions and forcing its people to give 10% of the three jobs they have to work while they wait to get rich like Limbaugh to the church.
I would gladly put up with snow if I could watch that on TV every week end. LMAO

Old 12-13-2009, 07:38 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,113,428 times
Quote:
The GOP is representing pissed-off uninformed teabaggers these days. They've lost their compass. They now seem to value ignorance and deceit above all else.

And I say this as a former GOP voter who will likely never vote for another Republican for any office again.

Some posters cannot get their mind off gay sex acts. You do know that gays coined the term teabagging for one of the sex acts they engage in don't you?

I would never believe you were ever a Republican so they will not miss a vote that would never happen to begin with. hussein obama is fast destroying this country and the Republicans should fight against him at every opportunity.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:40 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,873,238 times
Quote:
You're so easily led.
Yeah if you say so. I am not the one defending and making excuses for the lying politicians like a puppy dog with a bone

Old 12-13-2009, 07:41 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,329,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Some posters cannot get their mind off gay sex acts. You do know that gays coined the term teabagging for one of the sex acts they engage in don't you?

I would never believe you were ever a Republican so they will not miss a vote that would never happen to begin with. hussein obama is fast destroying this country and the Republicans should fight against him at every opportunity.
And add to that the libertarians, conservatives and independents.
Lets not let America denigrate into a progressive utopia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies