Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 07:06 AM

624 posts, read 1,072,546 times

Advertisements

Rules Of Engagement Are A Dilemma For U.S. Troops : NPR

Quote:
As part of the new American counterinsurgency strategy in Afghanistan, soldiers and Marines must work first to protect the Afghan population. Given the choice between killing the enemy or risking civilian lives, they have been willing to let the enemy go. NPR's Tom Bowman was in Afghanistan earlier this year and witnessed troops grappling with the dilemma of whether to shoot.
Thanks Barrack.

I bet the terrorists are now finding a way to always have a civilian nearby, which practically guarantees that they will not be shot at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 07:11 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,320,008 times
I wonder when this administration will put Americans first?

Old 12-12-2009, 07:15 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,688,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I wonder when this administration will put Americans first?
Didn't you get the memo? We are all now globalists not nationalists.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:15 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Anyone actually bother to find out the reason for this?

From what I've read/heard it's a major part of McChrystal's new strategy of protecting civilans to gain their trust.

Poor marks here, just another lame bash Obama thread with little/no substance behind it.

I wonder when the sour grape gnawing Obama bashers will actually put the country ahead of their own narrow-minded little rants?

Old 12-12-2009, 07:20 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,688,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Anyone actually bother to find out the reason for this?

From what I've read/heard it's a major part of McChrystal's new strategy of protecting civilans to gain their trust.

Poor marks here, just another lame bash Obama thread with little/no substance behind it.

I wonder when the sour grape gnawing Obama bashers will actually put the country ahead of their own narrow-minded little rants?
Yeah, I am sure years and years of inflated numbers for civilian deaths provided by the anti-war groups had nothing to do with it.

Our military already avoids civilian casulaties. Those people that think that we just kill 100 civilians to get 1 bad guy are seriously mistaken.

This is completely a "satisfy the anti-war" people, progressive move by the administration to drum up support from his core.

I say our military still takes the shot, just make sure you get the right one.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:21 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times
"I've been at this a long time now, since 9/11, and there were a tremendous number of times when I've seen activities done, which, on the surface of what was seen, looks exactly one way, looks completely convincing. And then in the aftermath, what you saw was incomplete. In fact, what we find is civilian casualties who are unarmed civilians.

"I think when we err on the side of maturity and caution, there is a cost. And I know that we're asking an extraordinary amount from them to operate with such restraint and self-discipline, but I think it's how we win the war."

Old 12-12-2009, 07:23 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,319,897 times
Obama has now made our brave military men and women so weak they cannot even do their job.

You have not seen anything yet, wait for this clown trial, Americans, its military and our safety will be sold out with one of the worst decisions EVER in America by a sitting person in the WH.

Op, sure they are proud, they see the Gitmo terrorist as their friends and any American who opposes them as the enemy.

Liberals will pay for this in time, wait and see.

Someone let me know when the liberals finally defend Americans and not the terrorist.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:31 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Obama has now made our brave military men and women so weak they cannot even do their job.

You have not seen anything yet, wait for this clown trial, Americans, its military and our safety will be sold out with one of the worst decisions EVER in America by a sitting person in the WH.

Op, sure they are proud, they see the Gitmo terrorist as their friends and any American who opposes them as the enemy.

Liberals will pay for this in time, wait and see.

Someone let me know when the liberals finally defend Americans and not the terrorist.
You know better than General McChrystal, then? Good heavens, what are you doing typing on an internet message board?

Old 12-12-2009, 07:35 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,320,008 times
Political correctness can stifle the brightest of minds

Old 12-12-2009, 08:09 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,735,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Political correctness can stifle the brightest of minds
Exactly. Case in point: how the military handled the Fort Hood terrorist, Major Hasan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies