Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:43 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,571,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Bingo hit the nail on the head, and thank you it is choice, don't like it don't watch it, must have something they like, they seem to know a lot about it. Maybe it is because they tell things the way it is!
I will never understand the fascination the libs have with knocking FOX. I feel the same with their never ending hate for Bush and their addiction to blasting Palin at every corner.

They say they do not fear FOX or the right wing, but something is going on, for them to never let it drop...

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 05:52 PM

24,596 posts, read 33,533,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I don't watch Faux News, with the rare exceptions being when there is nothing else on and I want to see what lunacy their talking heads are spouting forth.
I don't watch it, either. I do, however, watch Fox News.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Maybe because they mislead their viewers. If you see something wrong, do you just turn away and ignore it?
Ha... read about Dan Rathergate for some real misleading!

Old 12-10-2009, 06:01 PM

7,792 posts, read 8,082,302 times
hey joe quit starting threads and leaving. respond or go away

Old 12-10-2009, 06:05 PM

23,797 posts, read 24,283,603 times
Quote:
MediaMatters and Jon Stewart practically make their livings pointing out their "controversies."
True. Therefore, it's in their best interest to generate those controversies as well.

Take the manufactured outrage over the poll numbers a few people started threads about a couple of days ago. There was no basis for the hubbub, yet here you all were, yacking it up.

Good little sheep.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:24 PM

14,597 posts, read 23,227,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't care what you watch and I don't spend time attacking the liberal channels, so why attack FOX at every turn..
Because even the more liberal slanted channels aren't nearly as ignorant and fear mongering as Faux News. Like I said, they're about half a step above a TV tabloid. NONE of the "liberal" channels are like that.

Quote:
I do wonder how anyone can put much faith into "Huffington Post" or the NY Times" but I don't say people who watch them are all dumb, ignorant, uninformed nor do I say the same about those who represent them...
Really, did you just compare the New York Times to Faux News?

Holy ****.

Quote:
This is back to the liberals that seem to think they need to blast to get their views known..
I just look at it as treating Faux News and their viewers as the idiots they are.

You'll never see me make any apologies for that.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:41 PM

56 posts, read 85,019 times
Default Some people don't unerstand anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I will never understand the fascination the libs have with knocking FOX. I feel the same with their never ending hate for Bush and their addiction to blasting Palin at every corner.

They say they do not fear FOX or the right wing, but something is going on, for them to never let it drop...

Nita
If I point out stupid things someone does it doesn't mean I fear them. Most that watch Fox have closed their minds, they just watch so that their uneducated, uninformed ideas are continually validated. A Fox news person admits manipulating them but who cares, that's why they watch it. Fox puts out fake pictures of the D.C. Tea Party and these knuckleheads applaud. They do it again at the Palin book signing and the Fox fans applaud again. That I find fasinating.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,355,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Ha... read about Dan Rathergate for some real misleading!
Are you saying CBS and Dan Rather deliberately misled viewers, and thus they're somehow on a par with Faux?

Do what you can to prove that one.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Are you saying CBS and Dan Rather deliberately misled viewers, and thus they're somehow on a par with Faux?

Do what you can to prove that one.
I don't know because I've not heard of a news station called "faux."

I do know that the Dan Rathergate is a far bigger scandal than anything that can be posted on youtube about Fox News.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Because even the more liberal slanted channels aren't nearly as ignorant and fear mongering as Faux News. Like I said, they're about half a step above a TV tabloid. NONE of the "liberal" channels are like that.

Really, did you just compare the New York Times to Faux News?

Holy ****.

I just look at it as treating Faux News and their viewers as the idiots they are.

You'll never see me make any apologies for that.
I've only heard of the New York Slimes, not the other one you mentioned.

I do know that the New York Slimes is far, far to the left. It's so obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies