Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 11:28 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,097,482 times

Advertisements

I find it curious that when nations disagree on virtually every issue not a single national government ascribes to the idea that global warming is a hoax, am I wrong about this? If I am not wrong, and there is indeed a consensus of the world governments, this has to be an unprecedented agreement, which of course begs the question; if all the world's nations are in agreement...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 06:29 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,492,535 times
Unfortunately,NONE...

All pols jumped on the media show off wagon,the so-called rightwing trying to do...damage control...

Let's see if we,the people,in USA can render any ..."protocol " toothless...

Old 12-09-2009, 06:29 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,455,955 times
Interesting question. China, maybe? I don't know.

There's an article in the Washington Post this morning - A lingering pool of disbelief - that describes climate change in Australia.
Australians are on the front lines in experiencing the life-altering consequences of climate change, which is the subject of global scrutiny this week at the international climate summit in Copenhagen. Brush fires killed 173 people earlier this year during the most severe heat wave in the history of southeast Australia. Rising temperatures and declining rainfall are, with increasing frequency, transforming the Outback into a crematorium for kangaroos, livestock and farm towns.
Despite this, there doesn't seem to be a consensus within the Australian government about climate change. I wouldn't say that the Australian government denies climate change, but they all sure don't agree.
As in the United States, partisan politics and vested interests have paralyzed some of this country's response to climate change. Australia is the world's largest coal exporter, and its dependence on cheap coal-fired electricity gives it the world's highest per-capita carbon emissions. Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's push to slash those emissions with a carbon trading plan was killed last week in the legislature for the second time in less than six months. The embarrassing defeat will leave Rudd, a prominent player in global environmental politics, empty-handed at the U.N. climate talks in Copenhagen.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:00 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,224,140 times
Don't you see? They're all in on it! They're part of the conspiracy! Just like all the scientists and all the journalists. The scientists are doing it because there's big money available. The journalists are doing it because ... well ... because they hate American and they support any liberal cause! And the governments are involved because ... because ... hell.

Come on, wingnuts - help me out here.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:02 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,850,990 times
If we could create a way of reversing climate change that would assure the energy, coal and oil, company’s profits I think that would actually be done.

Here is that method. You saw it here first.

We should grind up millions of tons of coal to a fine powder and spread it around in the upper stratosphere where it would adsorb enough solar radiation to stabilize or cool the earth's climate.

The coal companies would be happy about the profit made supplying the coal and the oil companies would love to sell all the jet fuel. The airplane makers would also use huge amounts of coal fired electricity which would really please the energy companies as well as increase manufacturing employment. The globe cools off and everybody is happy.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:09 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,303,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Don't you see? They're all in on it! They're part of the conspiracy! Just like all the scientists and all the journalists. The scientists are doing it because there's big money available. The journalists are doing it because ... well ... because they hate American and they support any liberal cause! And the governments are involved because ... because ... hell.

Come on, wingnuts - help me out here.
You forgot the all the developing nations, i.e. 70% of the world, who will receive big fat checks from the guilt-ridden industrial world.
And guess who has the biggest wallet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies