Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 02:14 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,959,242 times

Advertisements

I give the man credit for his honesty. So is he the moderate voice of Islam? The man looks normal enough. Do you think all muslims are as honest and will admit to their violent ways., "We Kill for Everything".

Later in the video an Arab is talking about throwing homosexuals off tall building, the building should be really high. So I ask you, is this the religion of peace?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qxjo...layer_embedded

Fun Islam Fact: Did you know that in American mosques and all mosques for that matter, women are segregated from the men. Moderates, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 02:16 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,069,407 times
Get ready for the Christian's to be thrown under the bus in usual off topic liberal fashion.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:31 PM

221 posts, read 229,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
I give the man credit for his honesty. So is he the moderate voice of Islam? The man looks normal enough. Do you think all muslims are as honest and will admit to their violent ways., "We Kill for Everything".

Later in the video an Arab is talking about throwing homosexuals off tall building, the building should be really high. So I ask you, is this the religion of peace?

Fun Islam Fact: Did you know that in American mosques and all mosques for that matter, women are segregated from the men. Moderates, right?
Othodox Jews do the same. The quote "we kill for everything" is quite the opposite of the Jewish faith.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM

4,154 posts, read 11,037,278 times
Demonizing muslims that are demonizing gays is hardly making any sense, seriously think it over again.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:35 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,069,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Demonizing muslims that are demonizing gays is hardly making any sense, seriously think it over again.
There is no need to demonize them, they are doing it themselves.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:40 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,602,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post

Agh. I don't have a problem with ANY religion except Islam.

Take a look around you. I sincerely do believe Christians, Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, Shintos, etc etc can co exist.

I know that when extremists of either of those faiths do something terrible, the moderates and leaders will speak out against it. Why not with Islam?

Yet I also disagree with this quote "Do you think all muslims are as honest and will admit to their violent ways., "We Kill for Everything" simply because my best friend is a Muslim and would NEVER EVER think of hurting me or anyone else. I love her to pieces and is one of the best people I have ever known. She has always been there for me and comforts me when I am upset. It is very important to remember to draw the line between moderate and extreme Islam.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:42 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,255,020 times
Sharia Law is already in place in Texas, allowing for arbitration in civil matters should all parties agree.
Quote:
And of course the application of Sharia law was indeed a perfectly normal matter. American courts are governed by American law, but American law has long provided that parties to contracts can provide for alternative dispute resolution mechanisms (such as arbitration). American law has likewise long provided that some contractual disputes would be resolved with reference to foreign law, especially when the law is expressly provided for by the contract. It doesn't matter whether the arbitration or the foreign law is secular or religious -- secular and religious rules are treated basically equally, on the principle that the parties' contractual choices should be honored unless some extraordinary circumstance makes it unfair to do so.
Be cautious of those things to which you agree, read the fine print.

Texas, where west may have met east.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:04 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,370,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Agh. I don't have a problem with ANY religion except Islam.

Take a look around you. I sincerely do believe Christians, Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, Shintos, etc etc can co exist.

I know that when extremists of either of those faiths do something terrible, the moderates and leaders will speak out against it. Why not with Islam?

Yet I also disagree with this quote "Do you think all muslims are as honest and will admit to their violent ways., "We Kill for Everything" simply because my best friend is a Muslim and would NEVER EVER think of hurting me or anyone else. I love her to pieces and is one of the best people I have ever known. She has always been there for me and comforts me when I am upset. It is very important to remember to draw the line between moderate and extreme Islam.
Islam is a good example of an organization where the majority is the extreme, and the minority is the moderate, which is suspect and watched closely by he majority.

Kinda reminds me of Nazism - only much worse.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:44 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,959,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice
Yet I also disagree with this quote "Do you think all muslims are as honest and will admit to their violent ways., "We Kill for Everything" simply because my best friend is a Muslim and would NEVER EVER think of hurting me or anyone else.
I appreciate the feedback. There are moderate muslims, I know. Admittedly, I was being a little sensational earlier, We Kill for Everything. It was just a very telling statement and the man was refreshenly honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav65
Othodox Jews do the same.
The difference is that as a whole, Jews do not segergate; only a small fraction within that demographic do. Conversely, every mosque in the United States and World segergates men from women.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:50 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,310,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Islam is a good example of an organization where the majority is the extreme, and the minority is the moderate, which is suspect and watched closely by he majority.
This is pretty accurate. There are many moderate, peaceful Muslims but unfortunately a greater percentage of Muslims fall into the extremist category than other religions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies