Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 11:28 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,874 times

Advertisements

"I still don't know who attacked the World Trade Center and, yes, I still don't care. From the perspective of those who died, it makes very little difference who killed them. From the perspective of everyone else, it's frankly none of their business, unless they sit on the jury of course."

- Fenstermaker

Leaves me speechless. I don't care...makes little difference...none of their business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 11:29 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

He is free to leave the country!

Old 12-02-2009, 11:29 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,105 times
Disgusting

Old 12-02-2009, 11:45 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
It's kind of hard to support the American system of jurisprudence and at the same time revile one of the key elements of that system: that all defendants have the right to a vigorous defense.

To those of you who are expressing disgust: perhaps you can propose a way to defend a person who commits a horrendous crime that also allows his lawyer to say "hell yeah, he's guilty and should burn for it." I can't think of one.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:53 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,558 times
You prefer we have a Kangaroo court instead?

Old 12-02-2009, 12:04 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
It's kind of hard to support the American system of jurisprudence and at the same time revile one of the key elements of that system: that all defendants have the right to a vigorous defense.

To those of you who are expressing disgust: perhaps you can propose a way to defend a person who commits a horrendous crime that also allows his lawyer to say "hell yeah, he's guilty and should burn for it." I can't think of one.
You are utilizing common sense and facts, therefore, it will not compute with some on these boards. In fact, there are some here that would support lynchings as opposed to trial by jury.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:09 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
I think that it is evident that these men had something to do with 9/11. They hate our nation. They hate us. Would they ever think about giving an American or someone from another country a fair and speedy trial? They should be grateful we are even giving them this!

I agree with giving them a trial. No doubt about that. But when they are found guilty, I certainly think that the punishment should be horrible.

I know it all comes down to "human" rights. I put human in quotes because these people are not human. They are scum.

If we want to give people sympathy, give it. I am all for human rights and preserving them for the law abiding, clean record, harmless people. I am for human rights when it comes down to genocide or Darfur. I am for human rights when I think about the women who are oppressed in Muslim countries. I am for human rights when it comes down to the innocent people who have been killed in Iraq for NO reason. I am for it when ANYONE who is innocent is being denied their human rights.

But for these SCUM? And child molesters? Rapists? Fry them.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Whoever represents the defense is going to be attacked, unfortunately. The lynch mob can't help themselves. I guess they don't believe in having a fair trial.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:23 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
TheLiberalVoice is NOT this liberal’s voice. This man is doing what he is supposed to be doing. He is defending his clients by assuming, as we all should concerning these individuals, that they are innocent. The state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that these people are the actual perpetrators or planned the act.

Why, because we are angered and disgusted by the crime, do we want to weaken our own system for a simplistic revenge? That sort of thing can happen in the tyrannies the perpetrators came from. I do not want our society to sink to the level of revenge filled hate they perpetrators so simply illustrated on September 11.

If these are the perpetrators I would like to see them imprisoned for life. They are depending on becoming martyrs when they are only murders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies