Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 07:33 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,015,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Liberals waste money...I don't believe it!!!
don't you people get it.. george W wasted money - he was NOT a conservative and now this!

BOTH PARTIES SUCK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 07:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) spent $2,993 in taxpayer money on flowers between June and October. House Majority Whip James Clyburn has a thing for Chantilly Donuts, spending about $265 at the Virginia shop in the past quarter And Rep. Tim Walz (D-Minn.), a fiscal conservative, decided to give about $2,000 in unused office funds back to the government to help reduce the deficit.

Nancy Pelosi spends $2,993 on flowers - Jake Sherman and Meredith Shiner - POLITICO.com

Thank you Tim Walz for giving the money back

To bad it wasnt more
It wasn't more b/c he spent the rest of it. I don't particularly like that kind of grandstanding, either.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:10 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,728,425 times
well at least that witch,, didn't get her fully loaded jetliner when she was voted speaker of the house

Speaker Nancy Pelosi: "My Government Provided Jet Is Not Good Enough for Me"

take a look at the pic in this web site..^^^^ if i was walking down a lonely street at night and saw her i would have crapped myself with fright!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:07 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,818,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
don't you people get it.. george W wasted money - he was NOT a conservative and now this!

BOTH PARTIES SUCK!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Because you seemed to think the amount of money spent on the flowers, $1000, was so outrageous. A simple casket spray for my father's funeral was $100, 14 years ago!

That's not the point. The point is that NO taxpayer money should be paying for Nancy Pelosi or anyone else to send funeral flowers. She should be like everyone else and use her own money to send flowers for someone's funeral. Its not like she doesn't make enough money.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:21 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times
Quote:
It wasn't more b/c he spent the rest of it. I don't particularly like that kind of grandstanding, either.
And thats the problem

Old 12-02-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
That's not the point. The point is that NO taxpayer money should be paying for Nancy Pelosi or anyone else to send funeral flowers. She should be like everyone else and use her own money to send flowers for someone's funeral. Its not like she doesn't make enough money.
She wasn't sending them as a personal friend; she was sending them from the House of Representatives. Have you never been to a funeral of a relative to notice the difference? Some RWs would call her "cheap" and "paratisan" if she didn't have any flowers sent to Jack Kemp's funeral!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
She wasn't sending them as a personal friend; she was sending them from the House of Representatives. Have you never been to a funeral of a relative to notice the difference? Some RWs would call her "cheap" and "paratisan" if she didn't have any flowers sent to Jack Kemp's funeral!
But government is different from a private company. When she sends them from the House of Representatives, she's essentially taking MY MONEY to pay for them. If they want to send flowers from the house of representatives, let all the members of congress get together and chip in their own money towards flowers.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times
Quote:
Do you understand how deeply in debt we are and before you bring up Bush yes Bush put us in deep debt also.

Is there a reason she shouldnt pay for her own flowers she wants to send? What else are we buying for her?

Old 12-02-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Do you understand how deeply in debt we are and before you bring up Bush yes Bush put us in deep debt also.

Is there a reason she shouldnt pay for her own flowers she wants to send? What else are we buying for her?
If she spent her "own" money it would still come from the taxpayers. "She" didn't sent the flowers for Jack Kemp's funeral personally. She sent them as a member of the House of Rerpresentatives. I don't get what you guys don't understand about this. Do none of you work in offices that have expense funds for stuff like this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies