Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 04:58 PM

29,917 posts, read 39,576,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
yea and ARRESTS AND CONVICTIONS were made!!!!

The PDB from August 6th, 2001 was ignored by Wonderboy and his merry band of pranksters.

More propaganda not supported by anything more than ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
She was a prominent spokesperson for the Bush Administration. She should know what she's saying. But 9/11 wasn't the only terrorist attack during the Bush years.

You're sure what she meant, but you didn't watch the video? That's some blind loyalty you have there!

I'm not convinced that common sense would allow us to take a person's words and twist them to mean something very different. I realize there's one helluva lot of that going on these days, but to call it common sense is ridiculous.

From the transcript:
PERINO: And we had a terrorist attack on our country. And we should call it what it is. Because we need to face up to it so that we can prevent it from happening again.
HANNITY: I agree with you. And why won’t they say what you just so simply said?
PERINO: They want to do all of their investigations. I don’t know. All of the thinking that goes into it. But we did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush’s term. I hope they’re not looking at this politically. I do think we owe it to the American people to call it what it is.
And we should call it what it is as well. She made a statement that is factually incorrect, and not just about 9/11, but the 2001 Anthrax Attacks and the 2002 Beltway Sniper Attacks.

There is often a fine line between the truth and a lie. There's no fine line here.
Sort of like you've done here over and over.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:11 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,395,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
yea and ARRESTS AND CONVICTIONS were made!!!!

The PDB from August 6th, 2001 was ignored by Wonderboy and his merry band of pranksters.
As has been pointed out by millions, the PDB in question was in response to a request by GWB: What do we know about Al Qaeda (the Clinton administration had not advised them of the intelligence that they had), and this particular PDB, acording to Condoleezza Rice, was not in reference to a "new threat", but was intlligence that had previosly been given to President Clinton.

If anyone ignored it, Clinton ignored it!

This has been covered in detail many times after 9/11.

Why, oh why, do we have to continually cover this already covered ground? It was at GWB's request that this info was given him. It was not a new threat or new info!

Old 11-27-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
2 : the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person
3 : ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also
propaganda - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Quote:
Last night on Hannity, I obviously meant no terror attack on U.S. post 9/11 during Bush 2nd term. We have the tools, just need to use them!
Twitter / Dana Perino: Last night on Hannity, I o ...

Old 11-27-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Except for a few reports that the CSG considered and apparently judged to be unreliable, none of these pointed specifically to possible al Qaeda action inside the United States—although the CSG continued to be concerned about the domestic threat. The mosaic of threat intelligence came from the Counterterrorist Center, which collected only abroad. Its reports were not supplemented by reports from the FBI. Clarke had expressed concern about an al Qaeda presence in the United States, and he worried about an attack on the White House by “Hizbollah, Hamas, al Qida and other terrorist organizations.”
In May, President Bush announced that Vice President Cheney would himself
lead an effort looking at preparations for managing a possible attack by
weapons of mass destruction and at more general problems of national preparedness.The next few months were mainly spent organizing the effort and bringing an admiral from the Sixth Fleet back toWashington to manage it.The Vice President’s task force was just getting under way when the 9/11 attack occurred.
http://www.gpoaccess.gov/911/pdf/fullreport.pdf

Typical propagandist considering these folks can't even force themselves to call these people terrorist and in fact seem like they think of them as just your average everyday terrorist. Their Bush derangement syndrome is clouding their judgment.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:30 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,005,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
They already had a run at the towers under Clinton or are you forgetting that?
So, you are saying a President can inherit problems that began under a previous President? And I thought those on the right did not believe such things were possible
Casper

Old 11-27-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So, you are saying a President can inherit problems that began under a previous President? And I thought those on the right did not believe such things were possible
Casper
The first World Trade Center bombing happened on Feb. 26th 1993. I highly doubt it was planned on Feb 25th.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:16 PM

900 posts, read 677,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
Common sense would tell us she is referring to the timer period after 9/11.
Are we really going to play this game?
What game? She said a stupid thing that I'm sure the giant intellects that watch Pox News and believe everything they hear swallowed hook, line, and sinker. She knew her audience and she played to them.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:07 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,230,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
They already had a run at the towers under Clinton or are you forgetting that?
But who WAS the pres. when 9/11 happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It doesn't matter anyway. You people are making something out of nothing. I'm sure she meant since 9/11. I didn't watch the video, but was she talking about Ft. Hood? Yeah...thought so. She meant since 9/11.

You people are always so damn eager to smear Fox News that you make absolute fools of yourselves.
Something out of nothing? Gimme a break! You're sure what she means? Are you sure Obama just slipped up when he said 57 states? That one gets brought up over and over and over some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
First of all the planning of this attack happened mostly under Clinton since Osama Bin Laden admitted in statements that the planning had taken years...remember the terrorist coming here, living here for years and getting flight training, etc...

After the attack the security was pretty strict and nothing else happened....now we even have people going into the WH without security check, but Obama wants to cut cost in the wrong place and go after Navy Seals who capture a long hunted terrorist, but now the terrorist has a bloody lip, the Navy Seals get to be charged ....so in the future nobody wants to capture any terrorist with the risk of being charged for worse as the terrorist!
Who was the president on 9/11/01? If he was planning for years, he didn't care who the pres. was. Could've been Gore. Bush was term-limited after his second election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Yes, she is, she forgot how weak Clinton made us for this to happen.

According to many left wing kooks 9-11 was NOT a terrorist attack and was an inside job. Using that analogy then Obama now owns the worst terrorist attack on American soil.

I though you did not watch Fox? Guess you do.
What are you talking about? Ft. Hood has not been declared a terrorist attack. No one on this thread said 9/11 was not a terrorist attack.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:13 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,802,717 times
The USA is fighting a War on Terror, or the Long War. There were no terrorist attacks, only acts of war... by "enemy combatants"... not soldiers, not terrorists.

A 21st century "Newspeak" (see Orwell's 1984).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies