Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 12:43 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,486,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
I went into the army thinking I would kill those nasty commies, save the world. I came home knowing young men die for wars old men start.
If you knew that, you'd never consider pulling the lever for a Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 04:40 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
the interview was done long ago. and for the chicken hawk lists I see its a liberal site. they dont mention the coward clinton. and when they list those who walk the walk, not a word about george bush senior. I consider both site total bs garbage. so flippin what. as for ted and his draft dodge, I went into the army thinking I would kill those nasty commies, save the world. I came home knowing young men die for wars old men start.

And now you support old Ted who favors starting wars that kill young men?

Sad, very sad...........................

Old 11-27-2009, 04:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
He is? I thought it was Rush Limbaugh, no wait, Glenn Beck, oh heck, I can't keep up with who you leftists keep labeling as our "poster boy"; perhaps a pie chart would work better.

A generic drawing of a ChickenHawk would serve just as well, they're interchangeable.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:56 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,532,090 times
I dunno. I have nothing against humor directed at the French, but it wasn't very humorous. The reporter should have brought up the fact that without France's help, we'd probably still be a British colony.

I guess I'm 2/3 like the French myself. I mean, who doesn't want good food and sex?

Old 11-27-2009, 09:23 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times
I love Ted!! Hey People change , some mature, some gain wisdom, there are a lot of people who used to be commie lib hippies and are now conservative, others who used to be normal decent people and then went over to the dark side, happens in life.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:56 AM

900 posts, read 673,927 times
Well, he's a very lovable guy, so that's understandable.

As somebody who didn't pee his pants or crap them in order to avoid service during the Vietnam War, but rather went and served my country for 3 years, you can appreciate the fact that I don't find him nearly as adorable.

I'll ask you the same question I asked the other Nugent admirer:

Which was your favorite ploy he used to avoid serving his country - the peeing of his pants or the crapping of his pants?

And why do you guys pick such losers as your poster boys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies