Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:07 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,764,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
It's ironic yanno, when Hollywood stars sound off and they are liberal, they are "just stupid Hollyweird lb'rals better off not listened to" (yet righties care so little what they think that they start threads about their opinions fairly often), but when one sounds off with a different tone, suddenly what they say is noteworthy.
It takes COURAGE to speak up in Hollywood. When someone does, that alone is noteworthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Couldn't I say thing from the other side though. The leftists always talk about how "enlightened" Hollywood is, but when a celebrity comes out as a conservative or says something against Obama, all of a sudden, its, "Why should we care?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 06:13 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,075,198 times
Quote:
The leftists always talk about how "enlightened" Hollywood is, but when a celebrity comes out as a conservative or says something against Obama, all of a sudden, its, "Why should we care?"
Exactly, the Hollywod left worships Michael Moore as a cinematic genius. But when someone from the same crowd voices an opposite opinion suddenly we're not supposed to pay any attention?

37,585 posts, read 19,480,784 times
Whatever happened to the "Hollywood ought to stay out of politics" line that has been so oft repeated by the right wingers, lo, these many years?

Shoe pinches on the other foot and all that sort of rot...

9,726 posts, read 16,819,025 times
Angelina Jolie's opinion matters no more or less than any of ours, at least it shouldn't. Although you might argue that she has more influence over others than most of us do. But according to the article, she's not a Republican but doesn't like Obama. Sounds like we could all find something to appreciate in that.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:18 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,449,032 times
Quote:
Couldn't I say thing from the other side though. The leftists always talk about how "enlightened" Hollywood is, but when a celebrity comes out as a conservative or says something against Obama, all of a sudden, its, "Why should we care?"
Not for myself or the moderate liberals I know. "Why should we care?" is the default state.

I rarely see liberals bring up what a actor thinks as a basis for an argument. So I still have to wonder why it is that righties seem to be the ones who place so much stock in what they say, whether their positions are in accord or not.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:19 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,221,647 times
Quote:
Apparently her father is rubbing off on her. Good for her for speaking up and not being afraid of Hollywood backlash.

News – Angelina Jolie Not a Fan of Obama – Celebrity News – UsMagazine.com

Ya, those repubs hate those elitist liberal Hollywood stars!!!

Until they agree with the repubs!!!! Then the Repubs think The Hollywood Elite's opinions are so meaningful!

Old 11-25-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It takes COURAGE to speak up in Hollywood. When someone does, that alone is noteworthy.

Yeah I see. As long as one of their positions coincides with one of MINE, they are "courageous".

You folks are under the illusion that she gives a damn what other people think of her. I think she has proven time and again, that she doesn't. So pardon me for not jumping on the brand spankin' new rightie hollywood bandwagon.

lol

Old 11-25-2009, 06:24 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,764,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Yeah I see. As long as one of their positions coincides with one of MINE, they are "courageous".

You folks are under the illusion that she gives a damn what other people think of her. I think she has proven time and again, that she doesn't. So pardon me for not jumping on the brand spankin' new rightie hollywood bandwagon.

lol
Evidently you're not familiar with the Hollywood blacklist.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:31 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,819,025 times
Quote:
You mean this?

Hollywood blacklist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-25-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I hope they keep it in a massive titanium safe at the Church of Scientology complex out in the desert!!

Sorry, gotta run! I think I just saw a ghost and I need to get to Ghostlab forums! Or maybe because I don't find pretending that something which ended decades ago has relevance now a worthwhile endeavor. I'm not into the whole "the sins of the father" baloney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies